Battlefield 2

Rocky

I've read somewhere that its got a dynamic map too so if theres just a few people playing then the play area is fairly small but as players join the maps increase in size to accommodate them which is a nice idea and saves running 20miles to shoot your mate whose on the other side of the map :) Thinking about the multiplayer/single player aspect, BF1942 included singleplayer but it was a multiplayer game, BFVietnam was a multiplayer game with a very poor single player game in it. If you follow the evolution I'd say BF2 will be multiplayer with maybe a pack of cards in the box as a single player game :rofl:

Well if you've ever played Desert Combat for 1942 you'll be in familiar territory, one of the movies I saw looked a lot like the Basrah's edge map.

Well most of the guys who made DC (trauma studios IIRC) were hired to work on BF2, so the similarities will be there.

DC is one of the best mods for a game i have ever played. BF1942 didnt come with any mod tools, these guys did it from the ground up. I was playign a fair bit of DCFinal ( the final release before DC was stopped so they could focus on BF2 ) yesterday, and i loved it. Sure, its "arcade trash", but its bloody entertaining!!!

@Foxtrot: how did they murder it? BF1942 is one of the biggest online games out there, and BFV has a huge following, the world torunament is on at the moment, i have a mate involved with his clan. Huge comp, literally teams from all over the world. (as opposed to the baseball world series, USA, Japan, and cuba. I never did understand that one)

Yup, 1942 is a top game, how was it murdered? Great game with a good following and a good selection of mods too. I wasnt too keen on BFVietnam, mostly cos my pc needs more memory to run it as well as I'd like it to, Rocky, head over here http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-2/572130p1.html theyve got a preview of BF2, looks good, very good and how that missile went through the chopper I'll never know :o