A plan has been formulated to get some games going tomorrow, around 7PM GMT. I realise some of you may not be able to make it, but it would be nice to get a few more guys in on it. Obviously the big games will be at the weekend... :o=

I will try, probably make it at about 1930 for 1 hour as i have to go out.

Nope no messages, it just said connecting to server then the server list came up and the message faded out, I've got more mods installed than are on the list but I wouldnt have though that would make a difference as long as I've got the mods that are on the server, or would it?

Did you put in the pass? - Pave with a capital P?

If it's not that, it might be the socket problem that gave us all some trouble in the past. Try it after switching your connection type between Sockets and Direct Play, at the bottom of the server screen. If that doesn't work, you may have to change your socket setting via the CFG file, or something. The other guys know about that, I didn't have to do that myself.

What I meant about the BAS thing is that there are BAS addons still on the server, but if you have them then that's obviously why you didn't get the message.

EDIT

The socket thing - If none of that works, open the flashpoint folder, Users, your username, and open the file 'User info'. There's a line that says;

useSockets=1;

If it's at 1, try setting it to 0, and vice versa.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

All seems present and correct mate, I've tried joining a few other servers and I got in no problem, when I try to join the gr.net server I get the black screen with "Wait for server" on it then it goes back to the Network games on internet screen. I'm using sockets and sockets=1 is in the cfg file. I'll uninstall and reinstall it for tomorrow and get all the addons put back in and test it when I get back from work.

Thanks Sart', i'll remember that if it all goes horribly wrong later.... lol :D

Btw, i am getting a similar problem joining Pave's server, it says that i'm joining the sever but then my name fades out and nothing happens, no messages about mods etc, i'll take another look later today when i'm more awake.. ;)

I take it you have any Firewall/Routers set up correctly?

It sounds like a problem that we were having in the early days of MP. I'll try and rack my brains today about it, but it should be easier to set up on Teamspeak.

There are a few missions which resulted in people getting kicked from the server on Friday, it may be that, we'll hopefully get it sorted tonight.

One thing I have learned about OPF is that you need to be patient ehn it comes to sorting it out, it can take a bit of effort.....

but it's worth it :)

Np T', i'm sure i'll sort it out in the end, iv'e been playing these games long enough to know its always some simple solution just waiting to be found... :rolleyes::wall:

The situation so far, i can join any other Ofp server except Pave's, it tells me that i'm joining and then after about 20-30 secs my name just fades out in the top left corner and i'm left looking at the green screen with a strip at the top showing the server, but it doesnt say what mods are running or anything, mmmmm, tricky one :blink:

There are a few missions which resulted in people getting kicked from the server on Friday, it may be that
That only happened because Sart and I had our BAS stuff removed, and we got a message about not having BAS Rangers, etc. Crow and Zebb don't seem to be getting that, so it's more likely the connection thing.

Doesn't matter, I use res myself.
Are you sure? I think it matters in some cases - you just need to put the addons in the folder specified by the readme.

Oh ok, if thats the case i may have to go back and reinstall everything in seperate addon folders according to the read me files and see if that helps, as i said i can join any other server ok and i dont get any messages about mods not installed on Pave's, it just tells me i'm joining and then doesnt, good job i made a copy of my adddon folders before i started..... :rolleyes:

I'm glad its not just me thats getting the same problem, I thought it might be down to my noobness but thank god it isnt. Firewall all seems present and correct, I can join other servers no problem and if I try to join a server with a mod I dont have it tells me to ###### off. No such problems in Paves server, just back to the server screen then a slow fade