question about AI weapons

Sufa

Depends on what you mean. You can do this by altering the kit restriction.kil or creating new ones. When you use AI in co-op, the first 3 actors listed in the kit restriction will be cycled into the 3 teams (A, B and C) until you have a total of 9 actors. Thus, if you're playing it on your own, it will be your chosen character, the first 2 guys listed in the .kil file, team B will be the first 3 guys, then team C will be the first 3 guys again. When it does this, the game assigns what ever the first kit that is listed for that guy. Therefore, you can create a new kit restriction file, change that first kit for each of those 3 guys and you will sort of be able to select what weapons they take. Make sense?

Is there a mod that can change the weapons for AI backup in multiplayer?

Kinda 2 ways to do it, none a mod perse.

1. like WP33 said... This tutorial details same method

http://www3.telus.net/miklogik/ghostrecon/tutorial.htm

2. Fill desired values in coop_avatar.toe and make read only this allows more customization rather than 3 kits, but is tougher to do. Link details more

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...topic=19624&hl=

2. Fill desired values in coop_avatar.toe and make read only this allows more customization rather than 3 kits, but is tougher to do. Link details more

Wait a second- this is new to me. Now, when marking the .toe as read-only, are you doing this after starting a map with AI, alt-tabbing out and then getting back in? That seemed a little vague.

are you doing this after starting a map with AI, alt-tabbing out and then getting back in?

It is done on the multiplayer server (wherter be a listen server or dedicated) before all connected player hit "ready" and map loads. You could create/mark read only before the game even loads if you want. The AI backup setting really isn't used if toe file is read only. GR can't populate toe file b/c it is read only. It isn't just limted to coop either there are a bunch of toe files in GR\data\temp, each for own game type. Play around a bit is kinda fun.

One day I would like to try learn XML a little better and build a front end program that choose kits from available selections, populates toe file, and marks read only. :wall: At my pace I should have that XML program ready by the time GR 3 comes out for Xbox2.

Another post detailing...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18306

Edited by spalvl

• 2 months later...

When editing the .Toe file..is there no way to do it so it's server-sided? I was reading the instructions on the first link and it said the players need the .Toe file that's been changed. Will the game crash if everyone involved doesn't have a copy or will the person with the modified copy get a change for his own team while the other player's platoons are set from their own unchanged .toe file?

Thanks

When editing the .Toe file..is there no way to do it so it's server-sided?  I was reading the instructions on the first link and it said the players need the .Toe file that's been changed.  Will the game crash if everyone involved doesn't have a copy or will the person with the modified copy get a change for his own team while the other player's platoons are set from their own unchanged .toe file?

Thanks

The .toe modification has to only be done on the server. The clients don't need to do anything.

When editing the .Toe file..is there no way to do it so it's server-sided?  I was reading the instructions on the first link and it said the players need the .Toe file that's been changed.  Will the game crash if everyone involved doesn't have a copy or will the person with the modified copy get a change for his own team while the other player's platoons are set from their own unchanged .toe file?

Thanks

The .toe modification has to only be done on the server. The clients don't need to do anything.

spavl, thank you for the information. At this site: http://www3.telus.net/miklogik/ghostrecon/tutorial.htm it's said that the players in the server need the copy of the .toe file. Now, I've been reading about the AI backup in different posts and one said to make it read-only. That's the trick, right? for it to be server only it has to be read only...the only drawback being that players will have no personal choice for kits.

Elsewhere I read that the server can change the kit restriction file while the game's still running and when the game loads the map and kits you'll see your change.

Did I understand these correctly? Very exciting stuff, I love playing with the backup..challenging gametype.

Thanks again.

In multiplayer co-op when the server admin chooses AI backup the game engine poplulates the coop_avatar.toe file with and starts game when everyone is ready.

Coop_avatar.toe is popluated with

1. The choices that the players have selected in game setup

2. Fills in empty slots using Rifleman Kit 1, (1each team), Demo Kit 1, (1each team), and Support Kit 1 (1each team).

3. While game server loads it reads the coop_avatar.toe file, to assign player an AI kits.

So if alpha team has a player in 1st slot, and bravo team has player in slot 1,

Team A= Player 1 chosen actor kit, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

Team B=Player 2 chosen actor kit, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

Team C=Rifleman Kit 1, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

The below link is about changing the default kits/actors chosen. It is still limiting AI backup to choices of 3 actor/kit combnations. If you were to change Demos to use MP5, all Demos AI backup would use same MP5 kit.

one said to make it read-only. That's the trick, right? for it to be server only it has to be read only...the only drawback being that players will have no personal choice for kits.

Modifying the .kit file and .toe file are 2 diffrent methods. The .kit file changes defaults on AI backup, the AI backup is limited to 3 diffrent default choices but none the less still limited.

The .toe method is preventing the server from generating a new .toe file, so can be greatly customized.

Yes Read Only on server. That is a drawback is players cannot select kits. When my friend and I play we talk over TeamSpeak and he tells me what kit he wants. I change .toe file to reflect on the server. But that would be time consuming with more than a few players and typos in .toe file can cause server to crash.

If anyone knows XML, shouldn't be too hard to create a program that modifies toe files using drop downs. I believe this is how the platoon extender addon works.

I read that the server can change the kit restriction file while the game's still running and when the game loads the map and kits you'll see your change.

Not sure. I looked around to assign actors to the player platoon in igor, but to no avail. I seen scripts in igor able to change kits assinged to players.

Edited by spalvl

In multiplayer co-op  when the server admin chooses AI backup the game engine poplulates the coop_avatar.toe file with  and starts game when everyone is ready.

1.  The choices that the players have selected in game setup

2.  Fills in empty slots using Rifleman Kit 1, (1each team), Demo Kit 1, (1each team), and Support Kit 1 (1each team). 

3.  While game server loads it reads the coop_avatar.toe file, to assign player an AI kits.

So if alpha team has a player in 1st slot, and bravo team has player in slot 1, 

Team A= Player 1 chosen actor kit, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

Team B=Player 2 chosen actor kit, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

Team C=Rifleman Kit 1, Demo Kit 1, Support Kit 1

The below link is about changing the default kits/actors chosen.  It is still limiting AI backup to choices of 3 actor/kit combnations.  If you were to change Demos to use MP5, all Demos AI backup would use same MP5 kit.

one said to make it read-only. That's the trick, right? for it to be server only it has to be read only...the only drawback being that players will have no personal choice for kits.

Modifying the .kit file and .toe file are 2 diffrent methods. The .kit file changes defaults on AI backup, the AI backup is limited to 3 diffrent default choices but none the less still limited.

The .toe method is preventing the server from generating a new .toe file, so can be greatly customized.

Yes Read Only on server. That is a drawback is players cannot select kits. When my friend and I play we talk over TeamSpeak and he tells me what kit he wants. I change .toe file to reflect on the server. But that would be time consuming with more than a few players and typos in .toe file can cause server to crash.

If anyone knows XML, shouldn't be too hard to create a program that modifies toe files using drop downs. I believe this is how the platoon extender addon works.

I read that the server can change the kit restriction file while the game's still running and when the game loads the map and kits you'll see your change.

Not sure. I looked around to assign actors to the player platoon in igor, but to no avail. I seen scripts in igor able to change kits assinged to players.

ok spalvl, thank you, I understand what you've eplained. So, you add more XML lines of actors and the server will give you larger AI teams...just don't touch the roster screen in game or you'll crash, right?

What I am most interested now is the idea of having two seperate blue teams for each player to control in co-op. I like having control over my own team and I would be extremely interested in hearing if anyone figured out how to open up 2 platoons in coop. One of the funnest ways to use the AI in multiplayer is in Teams with two blue teams and two red teams, or any color combination. Cooperating with a buddy and complementing each other's team positions is a lot of fun. The main problem is finding the proper number of players, not everyone knows the AI backup in multiplayer.

On the other hand, there are many co-op missions and gametypes that would be challenging enough with 2 nine man teams. Also that would give each player more control over their own teams.

This would be great. Please let me know. Thank you.

In multiplayer co-op when the server admin chooses AI backup the game engine poplulates the coop_avatar.toe file with and starts game when everyone is ready.

1. The choices that the players have selected in game setup

2. Fills in empty slots using Rifleman Kit 1, (1each team), Demo Kit 1, (1each team), and Support Kit 1 (1each team).

3. While game server loads it reads the coop_avatar.toe file, to assign player an AI kits.

ok, that's how you make the coop read only..but what if you want to have all the teams use the weapons chosen by the kit restr. file, how would you go about doing that?

ok, that's how you make the coop read only..but what if you want to have all the teams use the weapons chosen by the kit restr. file, how would you go about doing that?

Just populate the .toe file with actor and kit values from your favorite weapon restriction.kil file. So populate coop_avatar.toe with kits listed in primaries_only.toe or whatever. When you make the .toe file read only it will not have any info populated in it b/c server cannot write to .toe file.

Just populate the .toe file with actor and kit values from your favorite weapon restriction.kil file. So populate coop_avatar.toe with kits listed in primaries_only.toe or whatever. When you make the .toe file read only it will not have any info populated in it b/c server cannot write to .toe file.

that doesn't seem to work because the players entering the room have to be written into the .toe file for their teams. when I try it read only on a team that either has an actor html line or the name of a player who had previously entered the game and left or changed teams..then whoever takes that team spawns underneath the map and dies>>or the game crashes. I haven't really tried much co-op so I'm not sure how it would be any different. Any ideas? I would really like to control the kits to keep it somewhat even.

btw I've been making the blue/red/gold avatar.toe files read only. what are those company.toe files about? am I doing something wrong, do you know?

Also, having 2 teams cooperating in coop would be awesome, is that even possible?

Edited by Mark__78

that doesn't seem to work because the players entering the room have to be written into the .toe file for their teams.

I have not messed around extensively with the .toe files in team games. But same game mechanics should hold true. From what I understand in MP Team the toe files used are team colors active in the team game. Example: Team game with red and blue. Using blue_avatar.toe and red_avatar.toe . From coop_avatar.toe there are some fields linking player to actor. They are

Name = "_Actor"

and

Owner = "1"

My theory is Name field assigns player name and Owner field assigns what player number initially controls actor. I have found that using Name = "_Actor" and Owner = "sequential number" works best. I have not tested in Team game but believe using Name = "_Actor" for all actors and numbering Owner = "even numbers" for Blue and Owner = "odd numbers" for Red should give you even teams. However I don't see any players as being able to pick their teams, I theorize that your player # is in reference to the Owner field which is determined when joining server.

Also, having 2 teams cooperating in coop would be awesome, is that even possible?

I have been attempting but to no avail. My friend though did manage to open up the Delta Team in coop. 2 drawbacks to delta team is 1. Cannot be ordered or follow other delta team members. 2. Display as small green dots on command maps. However games does NOT crash when accessing in game roster. Below is example of coop_avatar.toe we have been using.

<TOEFile>

<VersionNumber>2.000000</VersionNumber>

<Company IgorId = "13" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_LAN server" MultiplayerCompany = "2">

<Platoon IgorId = "12" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Platoon1" MultiplayerPlatoon = "1">

<Team IgorId = "9" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Alpha">

<Actor IgorId = "1" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_tun.atr" Kit = "tmp-frag.kit"/>

<Actor IgorId = "2" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_alp.atr" Kit = "m16203-m203.kit"/>

<Actor IgorId = "3" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_bea.atr" Kit = "tmpsd-claymore.kit"/>

</Team>

<Team IgorId = "10" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Bravo">

<Actor IgorId = "4" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_sta.atr" Kit = "m4sd-frag.kit" Owner = "1"/>

<Actor IgorId = "5" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_sna.atr" Kit = "uzisd-sensor.kit" Owner = "2"/>

</Team>

<Team IgorId = "15" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Charlie">

<Actor IgorId = "6" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_fli.atr" Kit = "sr25-mk23sd.kit" Owner = "3"/>

</Team>

<Team IgorId = "11" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Delta">

<Actor IgorId = "7" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_sca.atr" Kit =

"oicwgl-oicwgl.kit"/>

<Actor IgorId = "8" ScriptId = "0" Name = "_Actor" File = "mp_plt1_bea.atr" Kit =

"m3t-m136.kit"/>

</Team>

</Platoon>

</Company>

</TOEFile>

My next project is creating a batch file to copy a one of a few pre-configured coop_avatar.toe files to gr\data\temp, marking the file read-only . So will have a coop_avatar.toe for stealth missions, AT missions, demo mission, etc...