Armored Personel Carriers / American

wwoody23

Apart from the in-game Bradley ?

El Oso did a excellent M113 APC - and thats about all of the ones that are currently availiable (I think - anyone else know of any others ???)

(Shameless plug time) I will be releasing a re-worked M2 Bradley, LAV-150 and off course a uparmoured/armed Hummer models fairly soon. (Shamless plug over :D )

Apart from the in-game Bradley ?

El Oso did a excellent M113 APC - and thats about all of the ones that are currently availiable (I think - anyone else know of any others ???)

(Shameless plug time) I will be releasing a re-worked M2 Bradley, LAV-150 and off course a uparmoured/armed Hummer models fairly soon. (Shamless plug over  :D )

Where can I download that M113 APC? :huh:

I look forward seeing your work, blakarin

Thanks much, wwoody23

Edit: I just answered my own question. You said El Oso, I have the Frostbite Mod and searched through the .vcl files I see two versions of the M113 , Thanks again, situation resolved :D

wwoody23

Edited by wwoody23

Please - if your gonna release your Mod, you MUST ask for permission from El OSo to use his M113 model - he's a good bloke, and Im sure he will have no problem with u using it : BUT u MUST get his permission before u do so :thumbsup:

As for my stuff, well wait and see if u like them, and if so please get in touch.

Please - if your gonna release your Mod, you MUST ask for permission from El OSo to use his M113 model - he's a good bloke, and Im sure he will have no problem with u using it : BUT u MUST get his permission before u do so  :thumbsup:

As for my stuff, well wait and see if u like them, and if so please get in touch.

Went to "El Oso's Lair" last night and sent him an e-mail via the contact # on the site, requesting to use his APC.

Thanks wwoody23 :D

@wwoody23 : Im sure El Oso will be right back to u, and sorry about the "desperate" post about Permissions - I should have said that in the original post :D

@BrandonKappel : yes, I will release all the vehicles I have done so far, prob before Xmas/New Year - and it will be two seperate "Packs" for Allied and OpFor vehicles. And I hope u will d/load Operation Dark Star when I release it m8, I expect a full test report from u about it :lol:

@DWG : A 8x8 LAV with 30mm turret (cant remember the vehicles designation at mo) is in the works, and its pretty easy to then convert thatinto a Stryker afterwards - I'll even have ago at the anti-RPG 'fencing' around them (VERY topical at mo), Warrior and Saxon, Im afraid there a bit futher down the (long) list but eventually, yes. :thumbsup:

@DWG : A 8x8 LAV with 30mm turret (cant remember the vehicles designation at mo) is in the works, and its pretty easy to then convert thatinto a Stryker afterwards - I'll even have ago at the anti-RPG 'fencing' around them (VERY topical at mo), Warrior and Saxon, Im afraid there a bit futher down the (long) list but eventually, yes.  :thumbsup:

Can't ask for more than that.

• 2 weeks later...
(Shameless plug time) I will be releasing a re-worked M2 Bradley, LAV-150 and off course a uparmoured/armed Hummer models fairly soon. (Shamless plug over  :D )

Stryker would obviously be topical...

...not to mention Warrior and Saxon

The stryker, yes. The warrior, no. I believe the post refers to AMERICAN apc's, and those last two are not used by us yankees.

You might try looking for an AAV7 A1, the Marine's landing vehicle. Its big and boxy, but packs a punch with a .50 MG and 40mm GL :devil:

There's also the Marines' LAV 25. Same 25mm Bushmaster as the Bradely, but in an amphibious wheeled format.

Well, the US used APC are few in number (Bradley, M113, AA7V1, Stryker and LAV-25) are the ones off the top of my head. But then now I come to think of it only two of those are in GR (unles u count ASLAV / Coyote for the LAV-25). :D

It all depends it u count the up-amoured armament Hummers as APC's ?? The are impervious to small arms, have a heavy weapon mount and carry troops - seem to fall into the 'Wheeled APC' type. :thumbsup:

Well, the US used APC are few in number (Bradley, M113, AA7V1, Stryker and LAV-25) are the ones off the top of my head.

I've seen a variant of the Commando family in film clips from Iraq, a quick web search suggests it's the M-1117 Guardian Armoured Security Vehicle used by the USAr's Military Police -- http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys.../ground/asv.htm

For the timescale of Ghost Recon the Marine Corps' Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (ex-AAAV) should be starting to appear, and the Army's FCS APC variant should be in evaluation. We know what the EFV will look like, but the FCS is still too immature.

It all depends it u count the up-amoured armament Hummers as APC's ?? The are impervious to small arms, have a heavy weapon mount and carry troops - seem to fall into the 'Wheeled APC' type.

I barely count Saxon as an APC, the uparmoured Hummers are just a protected utility vehicle like the Armoured Landrovers we use. Suitable for patrol in low threat areas, not for serious combat use. The UK designates the new Panther as a command and liaison vehicle, which is a good measure of what they should be used for.

Tru, all good points m8 : I was thinking current vehicles used in main uesage, and while the armed/armoured Hummers are not ideal APC's, they are much more numerous then Bradleys ! :thumbsup:

As for the future vehicles, who knows about waht they are - we thought we where gonna get the Commanche Scout Heli as well - DOHHH ! :wall:

But, yes we can certainly make educated guesses :D