Ghost Recon.net Forums

OH-EM-EFF-GEE!!!!1111

This game 0wnz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

Really, it's awesome! It's only the slightest bit LESS(sorry, typo before)-realistic... The reason it seemed so arcadey is something we'd asked for for the longest time...

Better suppression. There's a lot more running about, because you can supress and advance. Also, guns are less accurate, so firefights are longer!

Also, some more good things:

You can't fire while doing handsignals, rolling, or crawling!

The team commands 0wn! Even with only one squad, it's great!

The voice commands are amazing! You can even voice command your character. 'Reload' and 'Nightvision' really help.

The scripting in mission one and two are great... A little linear so far, but amazing.

I love this game.

PS: Could a mod please change the sub-subject of my post to 'My feedback'?

Edited by sup

Oh yeah... The medic system:

It's great. (On hard, at least.)

Most 'Kills' result in your teammate down for the level. However, sometimes they'll drop and need a medic... They can get shot while they're down, though. If you medic them, they'll go to wounded.

It works really well in game.

AI's great too, for the most part. Occaisionally, you'll have a soldier go dumb and stand around, but normally they make good use of suppression fire, grenades, and flanking manuvers.

(Sorry, I'm too giddy to type well.)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the radar! It's great too.. It shows all allies, but only enemies that someone on your team can see. Otherwise they're hidden.

Edited by sup

PS: Could a mod please change the sub-subject of my post to 'My feedback'?

Done. :thumbsup:

Thanks.. But, you changed the wrong part.. :unsure:

I was trying to say to change the description/Sub-headline/whatever.... I just did a bad job

Sorry.

WK, Thanks, that's what I intended to ask for.

Soto: No, none. I haven't even seen climbing, yet.

Added: Reloads and stance changes are slower than GR1.

And the OTS view is great... Much better than I'd expected.

Edited by sup

Do any of you remember the request for action oriented extractions? With mortars and enemies all over, fighting your way to the helo?

Misison two has got that! :thumbsup: Thanks alot RSE... I'm sorry I ever doubted.

Added: About the 'Gun camera' for firing around corners:

It's only in lone wolf, and, basically, you press the button, and use the left thumbstick to lean the rifle around.

In FPV the camera follows it, and turns black and white. In OTS, the camera just shifts slightly.

Added again: :wacko:

The airburst grenades work great. You have a built in rangefinder, and you just aim at the range and press 'Y'. The grenades detonate there.

Added again... Again:

Airstrikes are great. Not too overpowered, but still effective.

Edited by sup

Good god man you are busy! Have you got one hand on controller while pc keyboard in your mouth ready to type! :-)

Well, from posts here plus they still are going to tweak for pc, plus patches (dare I mention them) that we had for AI in GR1 - this game looks like its going to be very good indeed.

Okay.... Having played more missions, I'm a bit unhappy with the levels. Too many 'Ghosts stand and fight 50 (literally) soldiers, coming in waves' sequences... Oh well, hopefully the PC version will have mission editing.

Okay.... Having played more missions, I'm a bit unhappy with the levels. Too many 'Ghosts stand and fight 50 (literally) soldiers, coming in waves' sequences... Oh well, hopefully the PC version will have mission editing.

Sounds like theres an ARCADE RAT hidden in the GR2 woodpile. :angry: