DYNACOMP will be finished

Parabellum

just checking in to make sure dynacomp material will eventually be available to the community and that you haven't forgotten about everyone that is still eagerly looking forward to eventually trying out your teams great material. Not trying to bug you guys as im sure you all are busy, just want to show that there is still intrest in your stuff and wanted to check that you guys still plan on releasing the dynacomp material.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checking in to make sure dynacomp material will eventually be available to the community and that you haven't forgotten about everyone that is still eagerly looking forward to eventually trying out your teams great material. Not trying to bug you guys as im sure you all are busy, just want to show that there is still intrest in your stuff and wanted to check that you guys still plan on releasing the dynacomp material.

Things are in limbo right now. I'm having trouble getting some of the stuff off of my old HD. The mod may be dead. Cross your fingers and hope. I may still have the old, old WIP on my backup disc. If I do, that may become the public release.

I think its only possible to port VBS-1 units into OFP since the game engines are almost the same

I didn't say I was going to port VBS1 units to GR. I said I would make the material in Max, put it in VBS1, and then, eventually, probably do the same for GR. I can't and won't 'port' units from VBS1 to Ghost Recon.

Yes and no. GR doesn't seem to support higher-poly character models.

the times piggyson`s site still was online, i think i`ve read sth about importing high poly characters into gr. If i remeber correctly, he said that it is possible to import very high detailed models and he did it several times.

I have a 7000 poly model in GR at the mo and it runs just fine, its re modelled and took a while to export but it looks great in game.

Really? That's interesting. I'll be re-installing Ghost Recon and working on some updated stuff as I get the opportunity.

Good to know things will progress in the future Para. Too much excellent material to waste.

Well, everything has ground to a halt... again. For reasons yet unknown, I was forced to reinstall Windows yesterday. All of my data is still on the HD, but I have to reinstall PhotoShop, Max, SounForge, etc, as the registry was re-written. I have no idea what caused it, but my Windows installation somehow became corrupted. :wall:

We're pullin for ya Para. Hope you get your comp back on its proverbial feet again soon.

Thanks. I'm going to re-install GR (again) and see what inspiration I get. Aside from PC woes, my problem is that I'm always tossing out my work and starting over, because I eventually hate it.

I reinstalled GR today, and just got done with a quick mission on M06 Castle. Wow. It felt just like the first time I played the demo. Anybody else remember the very first days of GR, when we were all trying to get the demo map playable in-game? Playing that map brought it all back for me. I'd forgotten how cool GR was and is. :thumbsup:

I reinstalled GR today, and just got done with a quick mission on M06 Castle.  Wow.  It felt just like the first time I played the demo.  Anybody else remember the very first days of GR, when we were all trying to get the demo map playable in-game?  Playing that map brought it all back for me.  I'd forgotten how cool GR was and is.  :thumbsup:

i did the same last weekend to try some of those new mods, and i had the same feeling as you, Para! but it did take some getting used to again.