"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

There will still be issues, like AI not always following correctly but at least a human player can get everywhere without a problem. Yeah, I know it sucks but it's the best I can do right now.

I've played more than a few maps that had that problem but were still fun to play on. Good to see you will be letting us GR fans on the train. :thumbsup:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found some spare time to mod last weekend and this one and behold....Trainride might actually make it to release! :D

There will still be issues, like AI not always following correctly but at least a human player can get everywhere without a problem. Yeah, I know it sucks but it's the best I can do right now.

Although as not on a big scale as I intended, it's still big enough to do some small missions on.

I'll try to put in at least 2 custom environments, forest at day and city at night, to make the mod a bit more diverse.

Probably more info in the next 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: If someone wants to script a mission or two for it, drop me a line.

:zorro:

This is great news indeed.

Tinker

I've found some spare time to mod... and Trainride might actually make it to release! :D
Great news! :clapping:

Thanks deleyt & don't worry about your work being "perfect;" no matter, we're gonna' love it.

(I'm hoping your girlfriend has a lot of shopping left to do?)

Looks cool!

Phlookian helped me figured how to give extra seats and shotgun positions but for multiplayer i don`t know how to detach and have it running at a set height. Would be perfect though as it can happily fly past with a rope ladder adding i guess and teleport plt if all in area to vehicle for Extract. Also enemy drops would be simple too.

Custom Game types are best avoiding after tests here. (AI Pathfindings)

I will add scripted Firefights, Defend and a Recon mission first.

Then i thought of a Hostage Situation, Disarm the Bomb and save your neice maybe? (Steven Segal?) :rofl:

Tinker

Flying across the Forrest on patrols. one afternoon, I gaze out of the Blackhawks door into the distant Mountains. I hear the sound of a train...

...We lower down and run alongside as we pass by, when suddenly gunfire from below! We have Command on the blower, it`s a Hostage situation. The BlackHawk speeds ahead to the Front carraige. Suddenly a Door opens and a freindly face appears. It`s time to jump and take control. All good so far. ;)

Single player mission under construction.

Tinker

deleyt

I have a Trainride_beta05 rar file I downloaded in 6/05. From where I don't know. Can't open it with out a password, however. If you don't want me to have it just say so and it'll be deleted. If you don't care, maybe pass along the password so I can give it a try. You can PM me with the password if you want.

Either way, looking forward to the release of this mod. Looks like it will be a keeper.