"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

Sleeper that really is an unfair thing to say. You obviously had the time to sit and thrash a map out in x amount of days, and that's great, but it's totally unfair to critiscise anyone else about the length of time they take to produce a mod. For one thing you have no clue of their personal circumstances and priorities. And to suggest he's jerking anyone along (that's the tone of your post) is out of line.

You've been around long enough to see there are several well worn paths to a mods release.

You've got the Out of Nowhere surprise hit.

You've got the Out of Nowhere patch fest.

You've got the Here's my mod help me build it forum development type of mod

You've got the Here's my mod watch me build it for 6 months and then never release it type of mod.

and then

You've got the See how my mod develops as I spend countless hours refining it over a period of months type of mod.

I can live with all those incarnations apart from one, and I would never criticise anyone for the others. Mods are a labour of love for alot of modders and to see someone take flack for perfecting his creation prior to release is a pretty poor show, and to come from a fellow modder, it is really surprising to see.

:unsure:

A Christmas release sounds great to me though, can't wait to try this out...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week's been pretty hectic with the holidays 'n all...I'll probably pick up the map at the beginning of next week.

@ Lancer...I never got my PM answered on your website's forum (I think) :huh:

@ Beer Drinker: it will get done. I really don't want to throw away all the hours I've put into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting discussion(s)... Speaking of the incredible time & skill map making requires, what makes me so sad is when maps are released that simply, even to an amateur's eye like mine, are NOT ready for release: you or enemy get stuck, walk through objects you ought not be able to; textures are missing; map has not been built for people w/normal rigs, that is, it lags so bad it's not really playable; command map does not work, etc. The return for the mapmaker's time on this type of unpolished yet released map is poor, I think, because people will not play it? For me, I love December map. I realize not being a map maker myself means I've no way of evaluating December (or any map) "technically," but it's sure sweet to play on! I'm hoping Sleeper has another 21 "free" days some time real soon! Also, I've watched the Trainride video clips many times & believe when we see Trainride released, it'll be darn professional & everything WILL work as it should! It's true, too, that especially Deleyt puts a lot of care & time into helping new map modders, which is wonderful! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

:( Well...."D", My buddies and I have been playing COD2. We finished the single player shortly after we got it, then have been playing multi-player since. COD2 hold no candle to Ghost. We quickly burned out on the run and gun game style and have switched back to playing all the old Ghost modded maps, and some of the original Campain maps. It's great to see how often your name appears on the maps/mods.

But here we are again. Nothing really new and inovative in the mod community. We where hoping to see (last year I think) that a mod for "Starship Troopers" would be a new twist on an older game. Then to find out it was canceled before it really got going (damn it would be great to get our hands on the unfinished maps). And now, you have givin us hope for a map that puts motion into a game that does not really allow it (weather it be preseived motion or not).

Don't get me wrong, even the idea that this map might come out has actually kept myself interested in Ghost, as I feel it has possibley done for others as well. As we (hopfully) await the release of the new installment of Ghost (keeping fingers crossed). Is there any chance on getting our hands on the unfinished work? With the understanding that the map is unfinished, we would love the chance to try a new idea of game play.

Just my 2 cent's.

If not, we'll be expecting to see you on the other side. Modding for the new AWF. Time to start studing Desiel (?)...lol

Thanks D

Beer Drinker Out...

Indeed Deleyt! I have been following this mod for months now. I see that you love this mod as much as many of us! I hope to see it soon! How do the trains of the Dutch Railways go these days? I heard that they will drop a lot of coutryside stations in 2007 hehe!

Good luck with it!

Cheer'zz/ mzzl,

Toniezz.

• 3 weeks later...

Might just have to crack a beer in someones honer...anyone...haha. As I mentioned before I'm pretty much a lurker on the boards, but I still make sure I check this post once a week.... I agree also with the resent posts.... we know it will be awsome when the time comes "D".

Beer Out

• 1 month later...

R.I.P.

It could have been great, now I'm looking forward to what you can do within Deisel...lol. Not flaming you at all "D" the amount of work you have contributed to Ghost Recon mods has been great.... Always did want to try this one out too though. Jury is still out on GRAW for me, I like it a heck of a lot more than any of the Call of duty/Far cry type run and guns.....maybe I was just hoping for a little more ghost in the new version.

Hope we see you on the other side......

Beer Drinker out...

Sorry to have been quite for a while on this mod but there wasn't a lot to report anyway.

The mod will be continued but my computer simply can't take it anymore.

I'm working on a P4 2.5GHz, 512Mb memory and Radeon9600.

Things just take too long to test and to work with.

I've ordered a new mobo, memory, cpu and videocard which will arrive soon.

I'll be able to work on this mod again and finish it.

So don't give up on it yet ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've ordered a new mobo, memory, cpu and videocard which will arrive soon.

I'll be able to work on this mod again and finish it.

So don't give up on it yet ;)

Good to hear. Keep up the great work. This is sure to be a [GR] mod classic.

Just curious what your new system specs are?

:) Partly. Primary reason was because my home-office needed a new system, so I could just as well upgrade to be able to play GR3 aswell.

I've already opened up Max again to work out exactly where I left off :wacko: