"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.

Any idea what codec is needed for your vid?

It's the first time I recorded a video and did it with FRAPS.

I'm not sure which codec it uses but it was saved as an AVI, then RAR'd.

Is there some way I can check which codec it's using?

When checking for codecs use Gspot. Gspot confirms your movie uses the Fraps Decompressor. I took the liberty of re-encoding it for WMP latest version, which keeps the same quality but reduced the size down to under 1Mb when zipped.

Great looking mod D, really great!

Trainride Movie 1 1Mb

Thanks guys. It's really motivating to read your comments :thumbsup:

I've started on sherman-leveling the scene and naming all the proper rooms and portals.

Also a new skybox and environment has been made and some additional scenery has been added, making the experience even better (electricity-poles are now passing right next to the trains and over the player's head, improving the feeling of motion). :rocky:

EDIT: btw, HOAK: I might be knocking your door soon for some specific sounds. ;)

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

That IS a weird name  :rofl:

Thanks for converting, Rocky. I don't know jack about making movies  :wacko:

I have full fraps and the tools for shrinking the movies down, so if you want I'd be happy to make the next movie for you, if that's something you had planned. Just send me the details when/if you want.

When checking for codecs use Gspot. Gspot confirms your...

Intresting name for computer software :huh::blink:

Yeh, there's an even more embarrasing one though. I use one of the largest domain name suppliers for handling all my domains, and they are called GoDaddy.com. You should have seen Mrs Rocky's face when I had to explain that credit card entry.

I have full fraps and the tools for shrinking the movies down, so if you want I'd be happy to make the next movie for you, if that's something you had planned. Just send me the details when/if you want.

Cool...thanks! I'll take you up on that soon.

Obviously, I need to get back in the habit of checking the mod forums. Great work D!!!! I know it's been said, but it's worth repeating - this is an inovative concept and it's being executed with a high degree of professionalism. Thanks for putting in all the work on this project. :yes:

When checking for codecs use Gspot. Gspot confirms your...

Intresting name for computer software :huh::blink:

Yeh, there's an even more embarrasing one though. I use one of the largest domain name suppliers for handling all my domains, and they are called GoDaddy.com. You should have seen Mrs Rocky's face when I had to explain that credit card entry.

Yer yer Rocky, mite fool the wife but you dont catch us out.

Well they say in IT there like 3 main things to a domain name, short, easily remembered and something else I dont remember, but they definatly got the remeber bit rite.

:o Those look great, Stalker!

Does the armpatch hold the dutch flag aswell?

I'll be releasing a very premature version of trainride to all contributors soon (probably after the weekend), so you can check it ingame.

Contributors list:

Stalker: Platoon skins (hires textures).

Snowfella: MP5 Armoury (and some more) + a few vehicles (used on the trians).

Nexus: mission scripting + story.

Hoak: Soundeffects and foley.