AlphaSquad's 2003 Stealth-Recon C0-0P Tournament.

Rocky

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROUND ONE [bAD]

Tonight I watched [bAD] attempt mission 1, a mission that so far has caused every squad problems, an no-one managed to score at all.

That all changed when [bAD] were inserted though. They were well manned with 8 operatives at insertion, only 6 made it back, but they came home with all the points, after succesfully completing every objective!

It was awesome to watch, their teamwork and patience was exceptional. Definately a squad to watch in this tournament.

Thx for the nice comments everyone, all I can say is, that all went according to plan, our teamwork was great and we only lost one soldier to enemy fire :wall: and the second was sacrificed for benefit of the team.

But it was fun, a great map and lots of patience made this a match to remember. Hope we can do as well on the next map.

I'll look forward to next insertion and keep my SOCOM oiled and ready.

XO,Feb 5 2003, 18:42 PM] .... im glad if people wanna spend there time watching our 43 min long replay :rolleyes::hehe:

Well I have seen your replay 3 times. Once in a coordinated replay playback with some Alpha's that wasnt able to be there at gametime.

The movement of your team and your adaption and reaction to the surroundings is nothing but an outstanding achievement. I -wich happen t know the map a bit - could also see that you got a small portion of luck mixed into your trmendeous skills there. Thats what this first mission was all about: a good team on a good day should be able to achieve a full score. Dont get me wrong - the luck part was just a very small portion of this great played mission.

To the other teams that have played so far: your moves and comms are nothing but superior. I did never dream of seeing so many dedicated coop teams in our tournament. Coop tournaments are only as good as the teams playing them and the quality of the missions made for the tournament. From your feedbacks here I think the mission1 delivered what you expected. So did you - all of you. Outstanding!!

My final words (actually from the Seal Team 6 leader which is a bit upset now!)

"Read the ###### intel briefing!! We risked our lives in there to bring you that information!! It's all there!!"

Hehe - he is one mean MF. And he's got a point there!

Good Luck and Have Fun in the next weeks!

To the other teams that have played so far: your moves and comms are nothing but superior.

I would love to be able to watch and listen to so many different teams playing these missions. I imagine you could learn alot.

from the Seal Team 6 leader which is a bit upset now

:lol: I bet he is!

Edited by ARDelta

I would love to be able to watch and listen to so many different teams playing these missions. I imagine you could learn alot.

That occured to me yesterday - watching expert COOP teams in a competition really is great, it is more of a spectator sport than one might think. Great stuff.

Well well , this was a lot of nice and kind words. Thx to all of you.

I have a feeling that an eye or two will follow us at the next mission, so we will do our best to deliver some good entertainment.

This is a tournament with a lot of great teams, some of them better than us. So we are aware of that one good mission won't do the trick.

We still have a long way to go in this tournament, but we got an ok start of it.

A great thanks to Chavez for his extremly well script mission, and to the rest of Alfa Squad for this very fine tournament. You have done a pro job.

Rocky, just a word of thanks (in a forum that others can see) about your interest in Alpha Squad and the nice articles you have written. You know you're always welcome to jump on in to play some or to observe in the matches.

I haven't heard from Sam from ubi....have you? I'm interested in what he thought about Map 1.

Looking forward to working with you in the future...I want to see GR get as big as possible and recieve the praise that it derserves.

AlphaSquad is putting on a Tremendous Tourney and should be commended for that

I would also like to add upon this. To all of AlphaSquad that has helped put this tourney into place. Very professional group of guys. Our team does not do alot of Co-Op play, but after joining in on this tourney we are now realizing just how important it is to practice team work. We will definitely come out of this tourniment a much more rounded team.

Thanks again AlphaSquad!

GG's

[30+]WW