Ghost Recon.net Forums

Threat Indicator...turn off?

HI.

Welcome back to GR.net. thanks to Rocky and all for their hard work. Great site.

Fianally getting good enough to play w/o threat indicator (much more fun)

but I cant get rid of it w/o loosing the gun sight.

How can I do this?

Thanks

donttreadyellow.gif

Merc, open your options xml with notepad, where it says threat indicator, change true to false. You will still have the circle and it will flash when taking fire, but won't show enemy. Some folks modded it so even circle won't show on screen, but I don't have info on which mods those are. If you have the ds/it, or latest patch, the indicator is a toggle under options/gameplay.

Yeah, the..err..F5(?) removes action interface (the wholed HUD). The way I turn off Threat Indicator is just simply go to options and turn it off. Simple, no?

Out.

Turn it off yes...completely remove it no. I want the entire HUD removed...out, gone, away from my sight...never to be seen again. That way I have to count my rounds, I can tell when I'm standing or kneeling right, and forget the threat indicator. Piece of ****. It's not realistic. I hate it with an undying passion that all of the oceans of the earth shall not quench... :sheep:

I find that it is good to keep the threat indicator visible but turned off. Even though it does show where enemy or friendly fire is coming from, which is useful but unrealistic. It does have a compass, which is something I find very useful when navigating (arrow on outside of largest circle).

Yeah, the..err..F5(?) removes action interface (the wholed HUD). The way I turn off Threat Indicator is just simply go to options and turn it off. Simple, no?

Out.

Turn it off yes...completely remove it no. I want the entire HUD removed...out, gone, away from my sight...never to be seen again. That way I have to count my rounds, I can tell when I'm standing or kneeling right, and forget the threat indicator. Piece of ****. It's not realistic. I hate it with an undying passion that all of the oceans of the earth shall not quench... :sheep:

Well, as I said, there is an F button to get rid the whole HUD. The only drawback is that your aiming reticle is gone too.

Out.

If you really want to get rid of the HUD you should probably just leave the threat indicator and turn it off. The only thing it would then do that's unrealistic is show you the direction of enemy fire. Unless you have really amazing speakers (probably surround sound), it's hard to tell which direction fire is coming from anyway.

I do have surround sound...and it has pretty accurate sound positioning too. I would just rather memorize the map before the mission...then I don't need a compass since you really aren't navigating long distances cross-country. ;)

...I'd get rid of the "Alpha enemy soldier down" if I could! Just keep shooting the baddies till they don't move :devil:

I have been playing in Fehyd's backyard for the last couple of weeks. We do not use the threat indicator at all. It is turned off. It does not affect much in game play and since i have an HP with a sH*** on board sound card, it is not to bad to here and see a visual report of a shot going off (since between teamspeak, and the music, and the game sound effects, it can get lost in the shuffle). As for sniping, you just have to go slower and sweep the areas better. This function removes the rambo factor seen in many of the game you see on ubi or other locations. It just means that you have to play more in the from of the army (bounding over watch) than unreal or quake. I now prefer playing without the threat indicator, it takes about two game to get used to but in make the game some much better.

Splaster

Hi everybody,

Although I am only playing single-player at the moment in Novice level (I just got the game over the holidays, :) ) , despite my low-entry level I decided to turn it off and now when I play the missions they are more intense and take longer to complete.

So far the Threat Indicator gives the direction where a lot of fire is being exchanged. But it is not so effective to detect enemy sniper's's shots. Perhpas this is because when I hear single shots from the enemy I concentrate in ducking and then to try to find where the shot came from.

I guess the Threat Indicator can still be useful as a compass, although like Dark Ranger said, it appears the maps are not that big after all.

My 2 cents.

G-Man.

Last night I finished level 12 I believe, the one where you have to take one hill, secure a road, and clean out an enemy camp, and it was tough!!!

First time I face other snipers and that was something! I got shot several times before I could spot where the darned sniper was. And the ###### was in front of me and I coudn't see him! That guys was good! The AI is very impressive.

All of this because I am not using the TI.

There's no way I'll ever play GR with IT on. With the IT off I can feel the adrenaline rush. Whoa!

G-Man.