US Army ACU

WP33

The uniform's exact coloring is still a mystery, it looks like a mix of grey, green, and tan, to me. As for the woodland vest, unless a miracle happens, past examples tell that the Army will probably be wearing the current woodland pattern on their vests and LBE's etc for quite some time.

Hmmm. I think I will put together one of each (to tell truth, I haven't worked on the camo for a week or so- some things I had to attend to), both vests, and let you guys kind of take a vote on it. I'm digging the matching texture for the vest, but to be honest, doing a woodland vest would save me a lot of work! :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, those last screenshots look perfect, just like the link GothicSnake put up. They look great. I would personally like to have the uniform with woodland and ACU vests. ;)

Oh, and I like the ACU textured helmet best. :)

BrandonKappel ;)

Edited by BrandonKappel

Hey, those last screenshots look perfect, just like the link GothicSnake put up. They look great. I would personally like to have the uniform with woodland and ACU vests. ;)

Oh, and I like the ACU textured helmet best. :)

BrandonKappel ;)

Ahh, so we want it both ways, do we? :P:rofl: Sure, I can do both versions. I can make actors wear both versions, you'll just be letting the game randomly assign them. Arrrgh. Now you got me making actors too! (Not really a problem :D)

Purely by accident last night, and because I hadn't saved the current version of the ACU as a PSD with the layers all open :oops::stupid: I was playing around trying to get the ACU textured vest to work (grrrr :wall: by the way). Well, I got the vest to kind of look okay, but in the process, I managed to create a desert version of the camo that actually looks kind of cool. I don't know if there IS actually a desert version, but I like it. Pics to follow.

Think I got it nailed. Did the vest completely and messed with the camo colors a little bit.

Shot with newly retextured vest

close.jpg

With new XM8 (or soon to be M8) rifle

xm8.jpg

xm8side.jpg

Family portrait

group.jpg

Real close now. I'm working on getting Snowfella to allow me to use his great XM8s for this mod, and if I do, this thing is real close to release. Whatchy'all think? :D

Thanks for the support guys, means alot. Now, in regards to the skin, I think the map lighting I've taken the pictures with is making the color look really bluish, because it really is a lot more gray in Photoshop. I'll take it into a couple maps to take a look in a couple environments, including a jungle and desert setting. I will have the pictures of my desert version in a day or so as well, then once I get it all dialed, I'll start punching out the demo and support guys (not sure if I even want to play around with a sniper in it). Also I am thinking of doing the Will Jacobs character in it because he is looking more like the Future Force Warrior this camo is eventually supposed to be for in real life.

Okay, mad props to Snowfella for letting me use his XM8 models. With that done the mod has now accelerated. We'll have 2 riflemen in ACU, one version with with the new vest, one version in the woodland vest, and a demo in ACU/wood-vest and support in same. I ain't playing with the vests for those guys in ACU because it was a ######. Seriously. I'll have a desert version as well, and might do a new "ghost-face" camo for these guys. I'll keep y'all posted, but it seems I'll have it ready to go pretty soon!

Edited by WP33