Xbox™ Version To Ship Two Weeks Early!

http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=8954

Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, today announced that gamers will be able to start enjoying Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft two weeks early! Originally slated to ship for retail on November 30, 2004, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox will now head for store shelves on November 16, 2004. Developed by Red Storm Entertainment, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox features a realistic storyline set in the hostile terrain of North Korea in 2011, a killer Lone Wolf single-player mode based on prototypical soldier-of-the-future combat equipment currently being developed by the US government, a brand new over-the-shoulder camera angle (in addition to the beloved first-person perspective), and incredible graphics and technology that will immerse gamers in the chaos of the war of tomorrow. Xbox Live fans will enjoy Xbox Live 3.0 features, 24 multiplayer maps, support for 16 players, 7 co-op modes and 10 adversarial modes. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system is still schedule to ship on November 30, 2004.

OMG i can't believe EBgames was right for a change for a 11/16/2004 date.

Well i hope this gets the PC version running faster for a sooner releash date.

Until the PC version comes i well sure make use of the X-box version.

Than it's put the X-box away and nothing but PC!

Man the next 2 weeks are going too be slow becuase im counting the days!

http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=8954

Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, today announced that gamers will be able to start enjoying Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft two weeks early! Originally slated to ship for retail on November 30, 2004, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox will now head for store shelves on November 16, 2004.

That's fantastic news! This means RSE's QA process must have been really great in order to send a bug-free build to Microsoft for certification. Ubisoft PR at the Houston demo event last weekend did mention the game could be released early if certification went smoothly. Congratulations to Red Storm for outstanding execution and completing the game ahead of schedule!

The only bad side is that I'll only have a week to play Halo 2 cuz GR2 will likely be in my Xbox until the PC version comes out :(;):lol:

Good news, as said - once thats "out the way" - we can look ahead to the pc version.

Im not interested in getting an xbox for this game, I can wait for PC - mainly because while everyone else has played it to death, we PC users can experience it in its fuller glory "bran new" later on. Plus - and I pray this is a plus - more tailored interface and abilities to change the game.

Can you tell im not an xbox fan :) . Infat I played a few games on my friends Xbox the other day (i havent realy played on one for more than 5 mins before) .. and its a little overhyped - they certainly werent worth the original selling price when they came out .. mind you nothing is realy ... ok, ok, I will shut up on the xbox thing. :D

The best things in life come to those who wait.I aint gonna buy an x-box just for GR2 i'll wait for the PC version.Plenty of mods about and coming for GR1 to keep me occupied for a good few months yet :)

I'm just hoping were gonna start hearing about the PC version soon and what we can expect to see in that.

I aint gonna buy an x-box just for GR2 i'll wait for the PC version.

I would like to say i feel your pain about the PC version,

But the fact is in 2 weeks i would have forgoten all about you guys waiting for PC for mounths yet to still come!

After a mounth of playing,

Than i well be back waiting and wanting the PC version myself. Than i well see theres still mounths left to wait and you know i well get over it and be back to X-box for afew mounths waiting the long wait for the PC version that should of came out first to begin with! :wall:

But to go with your statement i already own the X-box so i aint going too miss out on GR2 for now, but still i would rather of had the PC version myself.

Anyways good luck on the wait and see you on the otherside and hope too do battle with you all, But Just remeber i well all ready have the maps memerized. :shifty:

Edited by WitchKnot9

Generally less-hyped games are in stores the day after release. For extremely popular and well selling games, they are in stores they night of release.

So while there is a chance it could be in stores the 16th, just count on it being the 17th.