GR2 SDK

Rocky

Ubi lOOk!

HL2 SDK set for HL2 Release

Everyone is excited about the release of Half-Life 2 the game, but a lot of

modders are more excited about the SDK (Software Development Kit) release.

Rumour had it, that the SDK would be released about a week prior to HL2

hitting store shelves. But HLFallout member psiphon wanted confirmation and

popped a question Valve's way regarding the release date. Here's what Rick

from Valve had to say:

It should be out around the same time as HL2 hits store shelves.

This is great news and I'm sure most modders can't wait.

Jonah Falcon

We should be so lucky :ph34r:

Yea, I belive a mission editor, like Igor2 or something will come with the PC release, but the plugins for importing weapons, characters, maps etc. will come on a later stage. Probably not before an expansion pack has been released so they can earn as much money as possible on that. It's a shame though as I think they will sell just as many expanion packs with or without plugins released.

Has most business' will say "Thats not our policy". They should release them with the GR2 disc, there shouldnt really be any reason not to. They have the plugins already made(thats how they are exporting the files).

The 1st rule of running a business, "The customer is always right".
The 1st rule of running a business is survival and profit. It might be hard for some to believe but the customer is not always right.

I want the PC and mod tools to come out tomorrow like everyone else but it aint gonna happen.

I'd be surprised if we got any kind of tools.  The RvS peeps are still waiting for the promised SDK. 

Translation:  Don't hold your breath.

I have a couple of assumptions here. Red Storm is owned by Ubisoft. Crytek is owned by Ubisoft. Ubisoft Montreal developed RvS.

Red Storm will release exporters eventually just as Crytek released theirs. As a matter of fact Red Storm released exporters for Ghost Recon while being owned by Ubisoft.

"I think we all better start throwing praise and ask the god Schell to grace our computers with his excellent tool like he did with GR."

i'm sure that since it's built on the same engine just upgraded and modified that we shouldn't have much to worry about. BUT it might be a bit too modified by the looks of the recent... wait we haven't seen any pc shots/vids yet..... MIKE!

For one, I won't be buying GR2 untill the SDK is released, that's for sure.

So if UBI decides not to make GR2 moddable, then I think a lot of people will start looking for a different game (like HL2)