Why did you buy GR?

Stalker

Why did you buy GR?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rogue Spear style... in the outdoor's... with tanks. Sold me!

... but cleverer, without the irritatingly pre-designated rails your squads always had to travel on!

Sold me too - especially reminiscent of my youth misspent running around British Army exercise areas in Aldershot and BAOR, training with the CCF...

:rofl:

Theo

Got into the military before this game came out, and always looked at it, but never bought it.

Finally I had enough of looking at the cover, and well, plenty of money later, I still find myself playing this 3 year old game, despite all the new ones out.

Funny how through all the times, this game has remained one of the most realistic modern first person shooters on the market, and the graphics are still pretty decent.

Although the age is starting to show it's wear and tear, and so I'm looking very forward to Ghost Recon 2 on the XBox, and I'm sure I'll be playing the fool out of that one too. I doubt it can hold me three years, though, if people are still playing it on XBox Live, I guess I will be.

2 reasons for me...

#1 our clan which was a DFLW clan was looking for something new that wasn't novalogic

#2 Tested the demo and got owned in 2 seconds by the ai... never did see where the shots came from. That impressed me. I was so busy looking at the environment that i never saw the ai which blended it really well. It was the 1st game i saw where camo actually worked... (if you remember dflw you had the little black dot making you stick out like a sore thumb at a distance) The trees were so dense, and the game frustrated me as you had rets that needed to line up.

That alone hooked me. from then on our clan went GR and has been ever since. I have played it almost daily (at the least twice a week) since the demo in may 2001.

I guess you could say I got the game because of name brand recognition. I had played R6-RS in single player and loved those games. The subject matter was more interesting than Rainbow since I'm ex-Army.

I didn't even open up IGOR or become interested in modding until I had finished the SP campaign. The rest is history.

My irrational impulses just took over. I was out to buy games that day, what one to buy was the question. Too many to choose from, but my irrational impulses guided me. It's not like I wanted or intended to buy GR....next thing I know, I'm picking it up off the shelf and buying it....during which time I had no physical control over my body by my irrational impulses were controlling every move....

So that's why, er how, I ended buying GR....

Mines kind of a coincident, when I bought my computer a few years back they gave me a deal where I could choose three programs/games from a selected pile. There was one game in there which looked good. It was GR. I chose that and two others. GR was the first I played and I loved it.

After a while though, it got old beating it over and over. So I started playing online, but that was no fun with 56K. One day I was searching the web and I found the world's greatest website, it was called GR.net. I learned about mods and continued playing until this day. ;)