Show me your Weapons!

Razors-3Dge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cheated somewhat though. The ACOG is based on my old ACOG model that was featured in the ARES Shrike mod. It's just got a facelift with some new higher poly parts and a brand new texture. Texture is photobased for the main part of the scope but heavily edited.

Heck...cheat is what we do best mate. :devil:

No need to reinvent the wheel when you already have something similar laying around gathering dust ;)

Lately it's been fairly seldom that I've had to make a new model totally from scratch, ther are always parts I've done before that I either can use staight off or use with some small changes :rocky:

Guess I can pimp this in here aswell as it's now up on the RE forums.

hk416-woodland.jpg

Whisper_44's excellent woodland camo on the HK416. :notworthy: Still a work in progress with a few small changes he still want's to make. Scope, surefire, rail protectors and GL will also get camo treatment.

2pythonpic8df.th.jpg

love that camo whisper! that looks so sweet!

thought i'd post this, taken a break from camo myself today - had a go at handguns instead. this isnt finished, just wanted to see what people thought? after seeing some of the recent additions to this thread - i kinda just wanna crawl into a hole! i got a looong way to go.

rock on fellas

Try reading what's written in my post Element, not just looking at the picture  ;)  :wall:

I had nothing to do with the camo on that model apart from sending the texture template over to the camo master himself...Whisper_44

oops :oops: I didnt see the text under the pic, my bad. Nice work Whisper44!

Whisper surely is the god of weapon camo, one of these day's I've got to get a hold of him and torture the secret out of him :devil:

@Aethalin: It all will depend on how much time Whisper has on his hands but I think we are aiming for both woodland and desert camo, most likely knowing him with different patterns on each model :blink:

A fun sidenote on this camo, weapon has been requested by Aus_Viper and if you look closely what pattern do you see? Yup, snakeskin pattern :o

@Aethalin: More or less just planning on the normal tweaks once I get it ingame. What looks off in the texture to you? Crits are always very welcome :yes:

@Sup: The pistolgrip or fronthandgrip? And what looks off with it? Both have been optimized somewhat from my original highpoly model.

Hiya,

Hey Snow some of it was from my overly dark monitor :whistle: . The contrast from the green composite areas to the black metal body seems a bit too harsh. The handle's contrast also seems a bit harsh. It is mostly because of the sharp highlight on the front edge. The texture itself is very nice, but could use a bit more wear and tear. I know I love the worn look for some reason heh. ;)

Maybe make the green a bit darker, and show a bit more wear, from either the oils from hands or scratches. Although, I would think just having the base green a bit darker and having the black metal a bit lighter should help alot. It is good so far, but from what I seen of your newer textures, you can make it better. :thumbsup:

It might just be my monitor, since it shows either very bright or very dark heh.

Nice scope Prozac, have you started to texture your M-24 yet?

As always take care, be safe, and farewell

aethalin

Have to admit I have that problem here too aswell Aethalin. Seems every time I reboot my computer my monitor comes back up with different gamma and colour settings :wall: So much for getting a nice new digital TFT screen :angry:

Looking at it you are probably right, the green plastic parts would need to get somewhat darker...as the metal is now it would most likely end up ok ingame with VBS1's +30 ingame brightness.

That and some gentle play with brightness ought to do the trick, although looking at the render I really need to go in and airbrush out some graininess from the recievers right side. Phototextures can really pose a limit to me sometimes :(