Houston GR2 Demo!

EasyCo

I went to the GR2 demo in Houston today and had a blast. They had 8 Xbox's setup and we played 4v4 multiplayer. There was a good showing of about 15 people when I was there. The bunker map was my favorite multiplayer map. I played it about two times before having to hand over the controller. :o=

I can tell you this game kicks ass. The graphics were the first thing that impressed me. The game is absolutely beautiful. You can’t even compare it to the original GR. What you can compare is the game play. Developers, go ahead and give yourselves a pat on the back. I would give you one myself but the $60 I send your way will have to suffice. This game is all about strategy. Running and gunning will only seal your fate as an obstacle on the battlefield. GR2 is a great addition to the first one. I guarantee you will be impressed. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, someone there was taking tons of pictures maybe he will be kind enough to post them here. He might have just been studying the Frag Doll but those pictures will be welcomed too.

Did anyone get to try the single player missions?

There were some people trying out the first mission of single player when I was there. I was able to play only part of that first mission before the multiplayer got setup. The mission was Airfield. I'm sure many of you guys have already seen the video of it.

You start out in a field (taking in the scenery) and make your way to the airfield which is close by. Once inside the airfield there are a group of guys behind cover. You come up to their side and take them out. I had a little trouble with the first guy. He took about 4 shots before going down. Once those guys are cleared there is a helicopter you can take out with a fixed machine gun. You can also select someone on your squad to go jump on the machine gun and cover you. That is about as far as I got. Hopefully, others will be able to add more to what I said.

I used the m4 on that mission because the m8 wasn’t available for it. One guy told me you get the m8 later on (not sure how or when). The M8 seems to be the best weapon overall while the M16 seems to be more accurate. The way I see it, when going on a mission if you want to be more versatile pick the M8 over the M16 or M4. I'll probably just use the M8 because it’s cool.

Another thing I forgot to mention was the re-spawns. Once you die in multiplayer you can re-spawn (or you can take out re-spawns which I like even better) and you get to choose where to re-spawn. You can visually see the area before choosing it. The bunker map had three different locations in your base where you could re-spawn. This is a good way to avoid any spawn campers.

Edited by EasyCo

Good to hear there's more to explore @GR2. Thanks for the try-out & clear info EasyCo.

P.S. Re-spawning at a desired point; like in BF1942?¿... Oh no...

Does GR2 have a non-respawn mp server option?¿

P.S. Re-spawning at a desired point; like in BF1942?¿... Oh no... 

Does GR2 have a non-respawn mp server option?¿

Yes, you can take respawn out.

Once you die in multiplayer you can re-spawn (or you can take out re-spawns which I like even better)...

EasyCo,

You seem to be fairly new to these forums. I'm just curious to know how long you've been playing GR? You could say that the graphics look great in Ravenshield and that run and gun will get you nowhere with it as well. Quite frankly, that game sucks balls. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to know where your opinions are coming from. Again, please don't take this the wrong way, it's an honest concern for me.

Thanks for the review in any case, I'm just a concerned fan who is still skeptical about my favorite game being ruined.

I'll be going next week, something tells me I'll be mirroring the comments of a number of folks. After knowing how impressed ZA was with an earlier build fo the gme I have no reason to doubt impressions of the newer build being demoed.

Thanks for the review. :yes: I'm still as concerned as Sleeper is about the game not being on par with GR. Sure things are sounding better than they did when GR2 was first mentioned but I haven't fogotten what GR fan and PCGamer editor Dan Morris said about it not being a worthy sequel to GR and one of the developers at RSE mentioning that GR2 will be using heavy scripted action scenes to give the player a moving experience. I for one don't want to end up with a MOH - COD type of game. :nono: Still waiting with fingers crossed. :huh:

EasyCo,

You seem to be fairly new to these forums. I'm just curious to know how long you've been playing GR? You could say that the graphics look great in Ravenshield and that run and gun will get you nowhere with it as well. Quite frankly, that game sucks balls. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just like to know where your opinions are coming from.  Again, please don't take this the wrong way, it's an honest concern for me.

Thanks for the review in any case, I'm just a concerned fan who is still skeptical about my favorite game being ruined.

I started playing GR since it came out. I have been a big fan of the game. My post count is low, because I haven’t been involved in the online community. Don’t let that deceive you though. I have been a fan of GR for a while. I am just now starting to get involved in the community.

Raven Shield can not be compared to this game. I have also played Raven Shield. I have played that game online a lot for the computer. From my multiplayer experience, RS is mostly comprised of running around and spraying people when they are in close proximity. I promise, GR gameplay is much better and just like the original. When you come up to a person it takes accuracy to bring them down. For the hour I played, I never died by someone running past me wildly spraying their weapon. Every death was from a well placed shot or rocket (:wall:). I can't stress this enough.

EC would u mind if i posteed that at my site?

No prob.

and one of the developers at RSE mentioning that GR2 will be using heavy scripted action scenes to give the player a moving experience
I didn't play enough of the single player mission to correctly comment on this; however, from what I saw it didnt seem heavily scripted, but I only played part of one mission. Maybe, NYR_32 and others can comment on the single player missions when they go next week. Edited by EasyCo

I'll make a note to shoot someone in the foot next weekend  :devil:

Make many notes about the single player missions. Since that's all I play I don't want to waste my hard earned money on GR2 if it's going to be like MOH - COD or any of those other mindless arcade games.

In case people here haven't noticed another good report in the Ubi.com forums, here's a link:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=40...43&m=7521089632

Here are some choice tidbits from LordBlackfire's post:

- Some contentious gameplay issues like sensors and respawn killing have been addressed.

- Calling in airstrikes in multiplayer has been taken out due to bug issues. It was in the game at the San Francisco showing back in September but it was causing too many games to crash. No time to fix it so it is gone.

(Maybe it will fixed for the sequel :rambo: )

- The game is already being certified by Microsoft, so it looks like it's almost complete and on track for its release later this month! :thumbsup: