GR in 32 bit

Hi

Just wanted too ask if GR supports 32 bit?

I have a geforce FX 5600, WinXP Pro.

Anyways i played GR since day one and started with a Geforce MX 440 and it was in 24 bit the highest i could get it! Now i have a geforce FX 5600, it still only says 24 bit is the highest i can go. Wheres the 32 bit options of the game! Is it something on my end or doesn't the game really go into 32 bit?

If it's just me pls explain how i may get it into 32 bit thanks.

Resolutions of up to 1600x1200 are supported. Both 16bit and 32bit.

Scroll down in the list of options for setting your resolution ingame (use the arrows to scroll down).

Don't confuse it with the Z-buffer. For that, most cards only support 16bit and 24bit.

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

Don't confuse it with the Z-buffer. For that, most cards only support 16bit and 24bit

Now i look at it i did mean the Z buffer!

So i take it my geforce FX 5600 don't support 32 bit Z-Buffer option than :(

Anyways yes i do have the Resolutions on 32 bit of coures always just 24 on Z-buffer.

Anyways thanks,

If i may ask if anyone wants too take the time, what cards support the 32 bit Z-buffer options as long as we on the subject?

Z buffer is not really that important in GR, it only affects when you have two polygons very close to one another ie a picture on a wall or Rug on the floor. If the Z buffer is low ie 16bit you'll get a flickering between the 2 textures as it tries to render the wall behind the picture.

Most Maps are modeled that these instances are rare.

Increasing the Z buffer to 24 bit will stop this happening.I have not found a need to even want to set mine to 32 bit, but apperently you can force this by editing the Options.xml file.