Ghost Recon.net Forums

PC upgrade recommendations?

Yo uonly need a 350 proly but a larger one for $40 more will be worth it for later upgrades like an Antec True Power at 480 watts.

The 480 as I already said was for future upgrades. If he is ever gonna put in something bigger or badder he is gonna need it. If I knew what I know now when I bought my psu I would have grabbed a bigger one.

Edited by Stinger
Stinger, I think you'd buy a nuclear reactor for $3mil if you had the money and knew it would lower temps by 1c or have some other minor advantage :P

Of course I would, I'd even consider paying you to blow on it for that millionth of a degree less. :D 7 fans and they all want power. Gonna have to get a new PSU in not too long. New mobo+gfx+fans=more power :(

well after owning a couple of cheaper 350 spus im less than satisfied my present one a topower 350 dual fan works great but i do also run a 300 psu for all my fans and lights,

my gigabyte ga-7vax is a great mobo kt400 onboard lan and 8 x agp for later upgrades, i replaced an msi kt3 ultra 2 with it and havent looked back

well after owning a couple of cheaper 350 spus im less than satisfied my present one a topower 350 dual fan works great but i do also run a 300 psu for all my fans and lights,

my gigabyte ga-7vax is a great mobo kt400 onboard lan and 8 x agp for later upgrades, i replaced an msi kt3 ultra 2 with it and havent looked back

Hmmm....I do have that old 200 Watt Compaq PSU. It sure isn't doing anything but sitting in a box. Snake, I am supposed to cut which wires to simulate a load? :D

no all you do is connect two of the connectors together on the mobo plug very simple im at work at the moment so dont have the link, but when i get home ill post it but basicly all you do i take a small piece of good wire and connect say port 7 and 15 together and the psu is under load but im not sure on the wire numbers off hand i will post it later

Edited by snakebite1967