Helicopters are no longer retarded

sniper82

Okay you all know how a helicopter can only fly straight, right?

I figured out what was wrong with them. Under Igor if you open up the vehicle editor and load the blackhawks vehicle file you will see that the last item you can change reads turning speed which is degrees per second, Right now it is set at 25 or 35, something like that, what you need to do is to change that number to 360 or higher, even 180 works okay. After doing this your chopper will fly around the map just fine. You can even change it on the land Vehicles.

You will automaticly lose any chance of that being server sided. And, if you still use the Shift Click for plans, I still think that it would not work. The thing is would be that you couldn't just simply download the mission and put it in a folder and your good to go. You will need that file. And, if you overwrite the original file, you could expect a few missions to act up.

But, the next time I'm doing stuff with choppers, I'll give that a try.

Darn I'm looking forward to GR2 where you as a scripter can issue one single command and the choppers will start hunting the Ghosts. They will evade obstacles, do strafing runs and fly all by themselves. Even in multiplayer on servers, according to an interview with the developers. Now thats great news for a scripter huh?

Can't wait.

great news? heck then anyone can be a scripter an there wont be no pride and probably less customizaton

LoL

You will still need to be top notch and motivated to make those brilliant missions. Think of it as transportation before and after the invention of the wheel. I'm pretty sure there was some great transporters before that invention. And history shows us there has been some great ones after it :D

It's just a matter of getting better tools to work with.

And as far as choppers and multiplayer goes; there haven't been many choppers in those so it's gonna be a whole new dawn.

Yeah baby!! Looking forward to that.

• 3 weeks later...

It does work mate, I've done the same to a HUMVEE ages ago and had it run through the Embassy map at full speed. Didn't have any problems tacking the corners on that map traveling at a speed of 18.

only downside with doing this, as a new .vcl file in a mod, is that all the old insertion cinematics using the vehicle in question will be seriously messed up. As it now turns faster it will miss the waypoints set for it in the script.

Darn I'm looking forward to GR2 where you as a scripter can issue one single command and the choppers will start hunting the Ghosts. They will evade obstacles, do strafing runs and fly all by themselves. Even in multiplayer on servers, according to an interview with the developers. Now thats great news for a scripter huh?

Can't wait.

I know it's a little late to be responding to this, but I got to say...

Chavez, you are evil... pure evil! :rofl::P