No More French Fries?

WhiteKnight77

That what you gonna call it when your girlfriend catches you kissing someone else?

Seriously, though this is purile. when in 1996, France resumed nuclear testing in the south pacific, New Zealanders, myself included, became enraged. Many bakeries even resorted to calling baguettes, otherwise known as French sticks, "kiwi sticks." This made me almost as sick. Despite my support for the anti-testing cause, I didn't blame French people and culture. Wearing your flag on your sleeve is admirable, but resorting to childish tantrum-throwing is a poor form of protest.

Besides I know for a fact that the French get really furious when Americans called fried potatoes "French fries" cause they are NOT French (they are Belgian in fact).

They become enraged by Americans' ignorance (or so I understand).

So for spite we should keep on calling them FRENCH FRIES! :devil:

I don't eat fried food. I agree with Budgie, I don't like "nuked potatoes"

Broiled is more prefferable.

Glad to hear the term " French Fries " annoys the French.

Soul kissing sounds more adaquate, than french kissing. Any thought of french involvement, just ruins the moment

And chips, does sound more appropriate. All hail the mighty potatoe!

awesome. the journal ran a great op-ed yesterdau basically going through history all the times when the french played uber-pacifist on a number of foreign policy measures in contradiction to u.s. interests. the pattern is striking.

There seems to be a bit of French bashing round here at the moment. During WWII the french lost more soldiers than the uk and us combined. If I was a country (you'd need a passport) I'd currently disagree with the US and UK but only because they sent large amounts of troops to the gulf waaaaaay before the inspectors had finished. Albert Einstein said you can not simulationously prepare and prevent war (although he could probably spell).

magnumkp Posted on Feb 25 2003, 10:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There seems to be a bit of French bashing round here at the moment. During WWII the french lost more soldiers than the uk and us combined

and why was that i wonder ( if true and it may be) ?

and i still call fries french fries but only when they all greasy and soggy and limpy :lol::lol::lol:

If I was a country (you'd need a passport) I'd currently disagree with the US and UK

so you are saying you would be france ?! ;)

If I was a country (you'd need a passport) I'd currently disagree with the US and UK

so you are saying you would be france ?! ;)

No, I would get all the women to shave. And no-one would be allowed to wear a beret and a stripey top with onions around their neck. (Sterotyping? Me?)