Barricades (Working title)

Biro

I decided to take a little break from The Mill map to help Brandon Kappel out with a map for his mod and he sent me a small map of how he wanted to have it and I jumped at the project like a mad dog. The map will consist of two roadblocks/barricades in both directions at a road, and also a little camp down by the ocean so it's possible to send in forces with zodiacs aswell. It will be somewhat big around 300*300 meters, maybe bigger. Yet, I haven't added in to much detail, but it's so quite in the map forum now so I thought I should give you guys some more to look at. Probably relasedate is within 2-3 weeks.

Notice the ruined buildings and the Ghost in the upper window. More screens will follow in the next week. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Screen4.jpg

Screen5.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tnx guys, in my opinion the quality of this map is higher then "TheFarm" map in many ways. My 3d skills have improved alot since I started to build up that map and specially the terrain is way better and more challenging on this map. The buidlings is not that complex and I doubt I would put in that much detail as I had on "The Farm" but it will be decent anyhow.

Lol San, there will be a bridge there, but I plan to use the river as a border of the map so you can't pass over it but you can use the bridge for sending in forces in missions. And yea, I belive there will be a SP mission included for the map KRP56, Brandon prolly has some more information about this.

Hello everybody,

I just want to start of by thanking Biro for helping me out by making this map. It looks like top quality, I posted a topic to ask if anyone would be willing to make a "simple" map and Biro jumped at it. I thought it would just be a small map of low quality, but Biro has allready put together such an excellent map and I love it. :) I am using this map in a mod I'm making. I will be doing all the scripting, I don't know the whole theme yet as it will just be a US vs. Terrorist type mod with a variety of missions from Hostage Rescue to Recon to Straight up Firefight. Along with this map I may include a few more allready available to the public, so if anyone knows of some good woodland type maps that I can use please PM me. I might include some new vehicles. I am kinda looking for some skins and weapons, they are not a big deal and I might not include any. If anyone has any models just sitting around on their harddrive and lets me use them I may. ;) This will be my first mod. The title is still pending, but I'll post a new topic when it gets nearer completion. I'm not the best at scripting, but hope everyone will like it. :P

Tnx Zeko, I'm yet not sure what kind of weather settings I will have on the map, but it looks good with this grey ugly look it has now, so I think I'm gonna keep it. If the interest is there, I'm sure I can create a sunshine version aswell so you can get some sun in your face! ;)

Hey, I'm Impressed. I like the looks of this map. As for the campaign you're planning to make around woodland maps, I just want to throw my two cents in. Nothing major, but in a wU.S. v Terrorist campaign I would like to suggest maybe taking the approach of scripting it as a U.S. based campaign. Something featuring the FBI's hostage rescue team. If I had the skills I'd model some characters for you, but unfortunately I don't have that kind of artistic talent. But I've always been interested in another U.S. based campaign. With the restrictions placed on U.S. forces operating domesticly, an F.B.I. V AQ mod based in the homeland like maybe woodland Wisconsin would be pretty intersting. As for other map suggestions for possible use in the mod, I'd like to throw out the idea of bringing back the SOAF map with the farm and underground passages! Would make for a good Terrorist Base dug into the heartland! Kinda hairbrained I admit! But I thought I'd throw out those Ideas. Either way, you two have a great map going so far! :devil:

Yea, a sunny version will come aswell. The ocean section is not to much to fly in the roof for. It's only a small beach and I still got some work to do on the beach to make it look better. Will post up a picture of it later.

Thanks for the kind words rcrph. I hope this map will continue to keep GR alive for just alittle bit longer. Atleast I have very much fun in making it and I think it will be something special. Look for some more screenshots over the weekend of a crashed F18, a small coastal fortress and a new sneaky sniper moor. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

A small update on this map: I have made up the other barricade, still need some barbwire around it, but it looks decent. Fortress need some more work and details, but it works in basic. Will send you a copy right over the weekend if my creativity is still going strong this weekend Brandon. I guess around 70% of the map is done and it starts to work out well. Had a firefight with Deleyt and we met some heavy resistance around the Village and we really had some problems with taking them out. I hope for a release around start of November. Prolly both this map and The Mill map will go public then and open up some possibilities for modders that need some good woodmaps in their mods.

In the meantime enjoy this screenshot of a shot down F18. (Plane model or texture is made by Snowfella...thank you man!)

ScreenShot58.jpg