Got bored

SnowFella

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've already got some of the stuff mounted on that G36 made, things like ironsights, suppressor and Eotech. It's just a matter of getting a spare day over from SWEBAT, something that's pretty unlikely at this stage unfortunately. Deep into texturing Thumpers excellent Huey model at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Not much as a matter of fact, I've stopped my urges to get sidetracked again in favour of SWEBAT work. Only time I've spent on other models lately would be the UMP and completing the Springfield XD lineup by making the 3" Subcompact model. Also made new texture layers in the XD's textures to feature the different calibers available (9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG)

Here's the XD Subcompact in .40 S&W

xd_subcompact.jpg

Snow

Might be quite a difference in price too, springfields webpage puts the .40S&W subcompact at $498, the 4" model at $498 (ported at $525) and the 5" Tactical at $525.

I have heared some negative things about the finish on the XD's though, aparently they tend to get surface rust pretty easily.

Might be quite a difference in price too, springfields webpage puts the .40S&W subcompact at $498, the 4" model at $498 (ported at $525) and the 5" Tactical at $525.

I have heared some negative things about the finish on the XD's though, aparently they tend to get surface rust pretty easily.

I think he's getting the Glock for $469 so it's in that range. Personally I have nothing against them, great guns just butt ugly.

And maybe it's a good thing he is getting that if indeed the XD's do rust.

Thanks guys.

It was acctually only a matter of around half an hours work to make that Subcompact as I simply just moved a couple of verts on the standard 4" model and then remapped it slightly. :whistle:

@Snake: That G36 is unfortunately just a picture composition and not a model, just haven't had any spare time to make a model of it yet as I'm flat out with other projects.

@SC: I have to admit the Glocks are a tad ugly, but very nice handguns to shoot. Unfortunately I've only had acess to the old Glock 17 so I wouldn't know how the 22 would handle. The info about the rust comes from a swedish forum where there was a discussion about it just days ago, according to a bloke owning an XD .40 his does have a problem with surface rust.

@CC: Already have a suppressor made that would fit the bill, not sure if it would possible to mount one on these guns IRL though...no extended barrel with threads.

Here's the suppressor on my old Glock 17 model.

Pistol88SD_3.jpg

Snow

For those prices, not bad at all. In California, you're looking at closer to $700 for any Glock. I bought a Kimber .45 last year for about $800, where in other states it might be as much as $150 less. Just the state I'm in I suppose. But, I did get a steal on an FN stamped Browning Hi Power about 5-6 years ago at $440. Both have been fantastic guns for me. As you can tell, I like the single action autos... :D

Oh yeah, I had a buddy that had a G22 and if I had been smarter (story of my life) I would've bought it from him at the $400 he was asking for it. He had 4 mags (with +2 floorplates- but those just seemed to cause problems with locking the slide back on the last round) and the gun was in perfect condition. He went on to sell the G22 at a loss to a gunshop and purchased a Sig P228 (I think, don't hold me to it) in .357 Sig. He then went on to get rid of that. Sheez. He's now on his second Glock (31 I think- the compact .45) and his second Sig (the P226). I still can't convince him of the single action Browining designs' superiority... :D

@SC: I have to admit the Glocks are a tad ugly, but very nice handguns to shoot. Unfortunately I've only had acess to the old Glock 17 so I wouldn't know how the 22 would handle.

I got to shoot a Glock 22 from our local police SWAT team a few times. We found a picture of Osama up at the range and drilled him through the forehead. It doesn't have bad recoil at all, very controllable. Very fun to shoot too, although I was a little more excited about the M4A1 he had with him ;)

Ive shot the Glock 22, 23, 17 and 19 in my career. I have long preferred the 22 for the combination of bullet weight and number of rounds. with 15 in the mag and 1 in the pipe on the 22, two extra 15-rd mags on my belt, I am not worried about being out of rounds in a situation, or that the rounds might not "do the job" like 9mm's were known for. I don't want to start a 9mm vs .40 debate, but I have seen the results in several shootings (the real ones) and found that the .40 does the job better. I will admit that the asthetics of the Glock are not as sexy as the classic .45, but the ergonomics are the best out there. My 22 has been through some nasty weather with me and rust is never a problem.