High-Res version of Mitchell Render

Serellan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet, i think i found my new wallpaper for the next few months!!!!

Yep, some GR2 wallpapers are long overdue, let us see your creations Swartsz :thumbsup:

haha, actually i am working on something else at the moment which you could use as a wallpaper, not going to say what it is exactly just yet but think mod and GR2 ;)

sweet, i think i found my new wallpaper for the next few months!!!!

Yep, some GR2 wallpapers are long overdue, let us see your creations Swartsz :thumbsup:

Always like a little challenge!

so here is my first wallpaper made from the render posted here by Serellan.

I hope you like it, Rocky!! :D

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/swarts30/grman.jpg

Edited by swartsz

This is the ingame model so I would suppose it would look somewhat like that. Almost 5000 polys for a characther is alot so it's no doutb it will look alot better then the characthers in Ghost Recon does. I also think GR2 will use normal mapping for characthers, something that makes the characther looks even better. (This only works for PC as far as I know ---> DX9) Normalmapping works in the way that you have a high poly model up against 100000 and create a texture based on that, scale down the characther to around 4000-5000 and apply the normalmapped texture together with a colortexture and you have a low poly model that looks like it's a high poly one. This technique is for example used in games as FarCry and Doom3.

If anyone want's to see the original post with these characters just have a look over at CGtalk,s forums...Piggysson posted them in a public feedback forum ;)

CG Talc.com thread.

Gives texture sizes, poly count and a concept drawing.

Here's a thread about the valley scene.

Valley scene

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with GR2 though.

Snow