its the 16th!

zeroalpha

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSE Developer: We've had too many complaints about corner glitching.

Underling: I know!  Let's make it a feature!

RSE Developer: Brilliant!

Brilliant!

Let me guess, Guiness in bottles ad?

the gun cam looks to be a cool new and innovative feature and certainly has lots of potential, as for the cat and mouse game, well the RSE people thought that the mouse would be hard to beat, cant wait to see how the mouse does against any good coop team on voice coms!

As for corner glitching, or glitching in general. I certainly came away with the impression that the new engine would be a big improvement over the original and issues like glitching where on the list of improvements.

IMHO it would make more sense to wait until we play the game before we get bent out of shape over imaginary issues!

the gun cam looks to be a cool new and innovative feature and certainly has lots of potential, as for the cat and mouse game, well the RSE people thought that the mouse would be hard to beat, cant wait to see how the mouse does against any good coop team on voice coms!

wouldnt work too well ZA, once you get that the mouse, we'll be huntin you down :P

As for corner glitching, or glitching in general. I certainly came away with the impression that the new engine would be a big improvement over the original and issues like glitching where on the list of improvements.

Having played GR on Xbox quite a while ago I don't recall how easy it was to glitch on that platform. Was it as easy as it was on the PC? And if it wasn't as easy to do so then we are pretty much still in the dark as how glitching will be on the GR2 PC platform. :(

@Serellan, can you dicuss the moddability of GR2? If so, is the general stuff involved in map makingstill going to apply as it was in GR?

if you can elaborate lightly, what new stuff will be needed to be added to my new coming map to account for the GR2 destroyable objects?

{Edited part} I'm meaning, ie you have objects in your map I understand that can be shot up like a rockwall I'm hiding behind after many shots etc.

thanks Mr. Serellan..

-Papa6-

Edited by |S&P|Papa6

wouldnt work too well ZA, once you get that the mouse, we'll be huntin you down :P

AH B!!!

You have to have seen the guiness in a bottle ad, with the 2 mad beer makers :)

Im not bagging the land warrior idea, i like it!!!

:yes:

{Edited part} I'm meaning, ie you have objects in your map I understand that can be shot up like a rockwall I'm hiding behind after many shots etc.

thanks Mr. Serellan..

For the first, I doubt Serellan will post anything in this forums as long as the development of Ghost Recon2 goes on. He's here about everyday but never post, and that should tell something. He's mouth is locked from "above".

When it comes to modding GR2, we don't know anything yet, but they have implemented the Havok physics engine. This makes it possible to for example build up a stone/brickwall and a AT4 can blow this wall down as an example. Whole buildings can me made up of different shapes and when you put it a rocket in it, it will fall down like the radio tower in the videos. There will probaly also be possible to have destoryable objects like we have in GR1.

This is already possible in GR1 using Dynamic objects, you just need to set its destruction level and animate it in MAX.(eg coaches on Embassy map)

I'm guessing the Havoc engine just takes this idea further and makes it easier and more realistic, by implementing Physics into the calculations for the animations.

thanks Mr. Serellan..

For the first, I doubt Serellan will post anything in this forums as long as the development of Ghost Recon2 goes on. He's here about everyday but never post, and that should tell something. He's mouth is locked from "above".

When it comes to modding GR2, we don't know anything yet, but they have implemented the Havok physics engine. This makes it possible to for example build up a stone/brickwall and a AT4 can blow this wall down as an example. Whole buildings can me made up of different shapes and when you put it a rocket in it, it will fall down like the radio tower in the videos. There will probaly also be possible to have destoryable objects like we have in GR1.

I see your point , just was thinking that if the havoc engine is in charge of destroyable objects, then animations for destroyable objects isn't needed anymore

[optimistic]Remember when we only had DS ? no IT yet? no helicopters (even though the model was on cd).

then IT came with helicopters and other fixes (no limping, removed again ?).

Probably DS fixed some too.

So I see a progress here(slowly but true), like if there's gonna be a land warrior system in GR2 (XM8), then they fixed what they tried for GR1 (OICW).

So maybe the fix for glitches will be another step in the right direction (I don't think they'll be gone, but less). Don't know anything about havoc2 engine and the current GR engine, but it's newer and probably better.

I hope GR will go on for a long time, getting better and better.[/optimistic]

• 2 weeks later...

@ Kurtz

Soeldner Secret Wars currently has the most advanced destructable terrain out on the market. I assume HL2 will change this, but I have yet to see a game where you can dig a moat with artillery around your base and drown enemy vehicles and soldiers with the holes you dig. Trees fall, bounce, lie down and cause hell for vehicles and hide soldiers. Oh yeah, buildings blow up real nice. Despite the games other problems the deformable terrain part is simply 'groundbreaking' ::pun:: :o= and the fact that you can blow up everything you can see is very refreshing after 2 decades of this not being a part of video-gaming. Kind of makes it hard to play games where everything is 'static' after you experience this. You really have to think on your feet when your camping spots become smouldering empty space in seconds.

be warned, if you try the demo http://www.secretwars.net you will appreciate the realism and gameplay encouraged by fully destructable & deformable objects and terrain (resp.) however, the game lacks realism in many areas and is a bit frustrating at times so you cant really compare to GR ;-)