its the 16th!

zeroalpha

i have to agree with the other people that say ther will always be cheaters. we over at the XRW server have banned many a player for using cheats even one of our own was dishonorably discharged for it when he was caught. there is no real way to stop cheaters cuz where there is a will there is a way. does this mean we should give up on a game company that has given us many mitilary shooters and keeps on giving us terrorists to shoot at???? i won't give up on UBI,as i still play gr and alot of the rainbow six series.

as for gr2,alot of what they are implementing into the new game sounds very cool,i know we at XRW are really looking forward to it and there has already been talk of a new XRW server for it. i just wish they would let us know SOMETHING about the pc version such as system specs and such

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm eating breadsticks at the moment if anyone cares.

hmm can i have some :rolleyes:

@rugg...you shouldnt say for the record GR1 is dead..because its not..it may be to YOU but i still love it and i can have about 500 people say the same thing.

This is how I see it;

The console versions are to be released in a few months so naturally there will be more info on them.

Would be silly to be talking about the PC version when it's not even coming out until next year.

About the new features- sound good. Certainly going to add some longevity to the game.

i must've been caught up in the "PC NEWS TODAY!!!" hype. my apologies. i didn't wanna bring the mood down, i was just hoping for more info. but that's already been made abundantly clear by several posters.

it's challenging, however, to get news that's not platform specific (especially that there's so many different versions), and in dribs and drabs. just don't get to see these new features in their proper context -- or how they'll ultimately enhance the game...

while it's frustrating, we'll find out everything in due time and i think the best course of action for me is to let the game demo tell me about the PC features...

i can wait.

on a more positive note, there seems to be lots of untold new features in GR2, and that's exciting. my level of confidence has risen greatly with RSE over the past several weeks -- seeing that it's obvious they've put alot of thought into game mechanics/weapon improvement, and overall evolution of the game.

Edited by walnut

My feelings on "console commands" are that they are a useful tool to speed up production for modders.

How am I supposed to test a key element late in the mission without constant quick saves and reloads?

"Superman" alleviates the need to do this and provides a more productive workflow.

All of this high tech gadgetry is cool as long as it can be modded in and out of the game.

GR2 was set for novemeber release. PC XBOX PS2 ? right?

why did PC all of a sudden get pushed back to january?

is it possible they wanted to get it right or they just dont want to be botherd by it untill they can make sure the xbox version is ready to sell for christmas. :o

dont think RSE is thinking pc to hard ..... we probly wont get pc news for a while either

anywho.... its not on my to buy list right now... but a demo might change my thoughts

Edited by Prozac360

Geez, here we go, B with another one of his more than a line post.

So RSE/UBI si going to release the X-Box version first, But IF they have showed us what the 'new and improved' thing on the PC version is, don't you think the sales for the XBOX version will go down? Right now no one knows what it is, it might be small, it might be big, we don't know. They'll probably tell us after the prfots for XBOX version starts rolling in after Christmas.

And don't get you hopes up too hight for it, like for all the people here that said "awww, he signed an NDA for that?". The surprise is much better when it's totally...well...surprising.

:)

EDIT: Cheers ZA :yes:

Couple that w/the fact that there still is no info for the PC players and it's pretty obvious where we stand. Excuse me for being irritated but I'm not the only one out there that is fed up w/the attitude that PC gamers don't mean squat. I understand that console games are gonna be their bread and butter but that doesn't mean that the rest of us gotta be happy about it.

I think PC gamers demanding info on the PC version of GR2 right now have to chill a bit :rocky:

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why Ubi/RSE are not releasing info on the PC version right now is because there isn't much info available to release?

Right now, RSE is committed to getting the Xbox version of GR2 out by Nov 19th. That means they are likely going into crunch mode now with only about 6 weeks before the game goes gold. They have never missed a ship date and I'm sure they won't be late with GR2 Xbox either.

(If you're interested in how game development for consoles works, check out the Halo 2 weekly updates ... where they actually pay someone to write a report once a week on what the dev team is doing :o Halo 2 is due around the same time as GR2, so you can get a general idea of the frantic pace of things that may be happening over at RSE too.)

So what I'm saying is I'm guessing that RSE is focusing its resources on the Xbox version at the moment, and they probably aren't too worried about the PC version yet because they now have a few more months to work on that.

So once GR2 Xbox is out the door, you can be sure that you will be hearing news about the PC version.

So my advice for those waiting for PC news: Assume that you will not get PC news til December or early next year, then sit back, relax, be patient, treat Xbox news like PC news (since the PC version will have Xbox version features plus more) and trust Red Storm to do their job. :thumbsup:

I must confess I'm guilty of adding fuel to the PC info band wagon & I'm sorry :'(

I think it was because whenever we asked for PC info we got a "Can't say any more at this stage so wait till the 16th" cryptic reply. usually followed with a wink.

But I will now crawl back to my hole & await patiently for PC news whenever that might be.

GR2 is looking to be pretty cool & I'm looking forward to it & I like this new toy & the way R.S.E. have thought about the change to MP & have restricted it in a way that adds not spoils the MP game play. Having it only available for missions or Cat & Mouse is perfect.

LMAO @ Sart. Light relief, made me laugh & I do care about your bread sticks :rofl:

Hoak :- I thought the Land Warrior had been replaced/supplanted by the Objective Force Warrior, what nearly two years ago?

GR2 has been in development for 2 years also ;)

The use of the Camera thats loaded into the sights that can peek around corners was started by the Isreali army, Looks like they've combined these systems into a "Futuristic Weapon" for GR2 thats in keeping with possibilities of weapon development.Its a game and not reality so isn't meant to be 100% accurate.

Stig :- GR2 is looking to be pretty cool & I'm looking forward to it & I like this new toy & the way R.S.E. have thought about the change to MP & have restricted it in a way that adds not spoils the MP game play. Having it only available for missions or Cat & Mouse is perfect.

This means it can be modded into a kit available for all gametypes too :)

This is how I see it;

The console versions are to be released in a few months so naturally there will be more info on them.

Would be silly to be talking about the PC version when it's not even coming out until next year.

About the new features- sound good. Certainly going to add some longevity to the game.

Exactly! Listen to Zan!

What I don't understand is why is there such a strong and negative reaction when someone constructively criticizes Ubi and RedStorm's games or practies... I don't know about you but I've never seen anything improved through patience, or people keeping their mouths shut. In fact, the more that was said and the sooner it was said -- the better the chances for change and improvement I've witnessed in virtually every venue I've been privy to on our messed up planet from product development, to commerce, to politics, to human relationships.

I find some of the reaction to criticism more annoying then the criticism which has generally been of a detailed, concerned and constructive nature. The reaction implies that just because someone repeats a question that hasn't been answered in months or in some cases years they're off the charts or below the basement in their conduct and should $%*# until solicited, or some more appropriate time.... It warrants mention that it is in fact Ubi and RedStorm that have taken peoples money and not always kept promises or supported advertised claims...

Ubi/RedStorm are far from god and mankind's gift to game design and publishing, above and beyond all reproach, and you can bet they sure as hell will not be giving games away. Heck these are tight assed companies with very retentive policies for mod support, patch support, and even community interaction. I doubt we'll ever see id Software like interaction with Mod Developers, an SDK with any source, Open Source of old projects and games, or patch support at a level that mathces what other Developers and Publishers offer.

So you're finding some of the commentary a little rattled and the reaction repetitive? Well, big surprise, some of these people have a pretty large chunk of change sunk into the RedStorm/Clancy series of games if they've been buying them from go, and have seen some pretty miserable support and conduct on the part these companies.

But to try and turn this thread back on topic was not in fact Land Warrior superseded by the FFW/Objective Force Warrior nearly two years ago? Is Ghost Recon 2 now going retro? There's more information about FFW/OFW on the Army's Natick Soldier Center, DARPA, and Global Security's sites... A lot of the OFW stuff has already made it well past the LRI development phase testing and is in production planning, and it looks to me like GR2 soldiers are going to wearing and hauling a lot of dated gear by the time the PC game ships...

<_<

Edited by Hoak

I don't know about you but I've never seen anything improved through patience, or people keeping their mouths shut. In fact, the more that was said and the sooner it was said -- the better

I think UBI Montreal got tired of people complaining about the raven shield patches and just said screw u guys we quit.... but they never officialy said that .....yet....

Other then that your right... it does cause change.

GR2 does not use Land Warrior.

GR2 Lone Wolf mode is based off of the Objective Force Warrior and Future Force Warrior systems being developed by the US Army. You can check out pics of the gear in this months XBN.

Thanks for the clarification Serellan! :thumbsup:

no offence bud but did you read the rest of the thread?

no offence takin! :D I read that zero said it was gonna be in it.... ????

If it was posted later I'm sorry.... I just dont like hearing some of these posters changing the topic so i dont read them. :rofl:

EDIT: The land warrior is, as far as I am aware available in 3 ways.

Firstly, we will get to use it in 3 of the campaign missions.

Secondly, a new SP game type –“ lone wolf” lets you play all the campaign missions on your own with the land warrior system.

Thirdly, and this brings us on to multi-player. A Cat and mouse game type will see 1 player armed with the land warrior system against all the other players. When (or if) you die the player who killed you will get the weapon system.

Edited by EasyCo