its the 16th!

zeroalpha

ZeroAlpha, thanks for taking the time to share what you know about GR2, even if it is for the Xbox. I've got to agree with Prozac, it will be the pc demo that makes my mind up. As a community, we have made it abundantly clear already what we would like to see in GR2. I will wait patiently to see if they truly listened or not, and then will make my decision on whether to purchase the game. I'm one of those who can't afford to own an Xbox and a PC and buy games for each.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not quite, Land Warrior has been dropped by the US army in favour of Objective Force Warrior and Future Force Warrior, that is what will be in GR2

according to the article at the national defense magazine (posted by hoak):

The Army’s flagship program for soldier modernization today is the Land Warrior. Officials noted that the Objective Force Warrior is not necessarily a replacement for Land Warrior, but rather an incremental upgrade to existing Land Warrior capabilities.

emphasis mine.

may i ask what the differnce is in the objective force and future force???? when i was in the US Army the m249 was brand spanking new and not even distributed yet!..........have to admit i was kinda mad when they took my m60 and gave me that thing,lol

the youngins in the service now have all the cool toys............no fair! :P

as for me,i'm looking forward to GR2 and still occasionally play gr1 when a good mod comes out. Mostly XRW is doing Joint Ops til GR2 arrives

Any further cheat posts will be deleted. People are linking to this discussion for news about GR2.

Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss cheating.

Hmm, Isnt this against your rules though Rocky?.

Okay I'll bite, which rule?

GR2 does not use Land Warrior.

GR2 Lone Wolf mode is based off of the Objective Force Warrior and Future Force Warrior systems being developed by the US Army. You can check out pics of the gear in this months XBN.

The few posts that Serellan has made here should be proof enough that RSE is listening, I see him here at least once a day, while I'm trolling through threads.

That's enough for me, I know they can't include everything we'd like in the game, but if I have learned anything in my years, it's you can't please everyone. You can just do your best, and I feel that is exactly what RSE are trying to do.

The game features revealed to date have been very positive and have improved from the early reaction to E3. My early and ngative response has been changed by the information and features discussed in several interviews and discussions.

On the other hand, you have flooded this forum and the Ubi forum with nothing but negative posts from day one to this day, based on nothing substantial but your own bias. This game has more potential than any game I have previewed and more is yet to come.

It would be credible if someone pointed out this idea or that feature, but, to demean every aspect of the game in light of what has been released has no credibility. I wonder why you bother to post in a forum on a game you hate and have no intention to buy. Go back to your Fatboys and sniper monkeys on Far Cry island, and post at that forum.

Go back to your Fatboys and sniper monkeys on Far Cry island, and post at that forum.

Sorry if you can't handle a little criticism. What I've posted is true and factual. And thankyou for telling me where I can post. Will you also give me some of your wonderful insight on how I should run my life?

Any further cheat posts will be deleted. People are linking to this discussion for news about GR2.

[3.11] Cheating Discussion of online cheating is not permitted. It's bad.

Sorry if i caused any misunderstanding? :(

[3.11] Cheating Discussion of online cheating is not permitted. It's bad.

Sorry if i caused any misunderstanding? :(

The mechanics of cheating cannot be discussed for obvious reasons, the general issue of cheating can.

(looks at Rodney King) Can't we all just GET ALONG!?!

look, GR2 will be out when it's out...no matter how hard-up you are to see it now...it ain't gonna happen...I'm enjoying some of the games I haven't played in awhile due to my obcession with GR. but none the less, GR2 is going to be a happiness to some and a heartache to others.

Shut up before Rocky takes to whipping you whiners...Rocky? (hands Rocky a whip)

The LandWarrior stuff will never make it unless they figure out how to minimize the size of the attachments for the rifles. The OICW died because of that (and the cost was a huge reason too). I'd bet it would take a natural progression like NVG's did, originally they were available only to a few soldiers then when they were miniaturized they became standard issue. There are other issues such as battery life that also will affect the final outcome and success of the LandWarrior concept.

Scheduled Acquisitions, OFW Weapons & Gear

The OFW 2010 Helmet System (clicky for larger images)

09a.jpg 09b.jpg 09c.jpg

OFW 2010 BDU & Armor System (clicky for big pic)

OFW3.jpg

XM-25

xm_25.gif

XM-109

xm109_bors.jpg

XCR Modular Weapon System (clicky for larger images)

RA_Logo_L_Short.jpg

XM-29/x

m29-oicw_oicw1.jpg

Edited by Hoak