help with Gold Mountain mission 5

haplo

I have the PC version of this game and need some help with mission 5: Gold Mountain. I have secured the bank and checked out the helicopter crash (and got checks for both of these). I then send all 3 of my squads to the top of the embassy building. A tank comes down the street (but I don't have anti-tank rockets in this mission). However, I get to the top of the embassy well before the tank is close, yet the helicopter is never there to take me out. How do I end this level? The only things left undone are make sure no refugees are killed and get to the extraction point. Thanks in advance.

Just make sure all of your troops are in the extraction zone, soe may be a couple of meters out, and extraction will not commence, so make sure, switch to every character and move him there yourself.

Or you can just bring an AT rocket and take the tank out and all the enemies. :P

Cheers ;)

Or you can just bring an AT rocket and take the tank out and all the enemies. :P

I recommend this method also. If you have objectives that are not time-critical (like rescuing hostage or paving way for allied tanks) pull out big guns and kill every single tangos in the mission.

Don't have to worry about extraction, objectives, anything. You've suppressed all opposition, you can have a lunch and check out objectives later :rocky:

Get everyone on the helipad after all other objectives are cleared and that should do the trick. Or better yet, hone your ambush skills with the second wave of tangos.

Some times you can even recreate one of the final scenes from 'Saving pvt. Ryan' when the germans following the tank are caught in a double blast. ;)

Usually you only get picked up if all the team members are on the rooftop helipad, not the stairs up to it or the gravel on the roof. What i do a lot of the time is to:

1) Clear the streets of enemies first, secure the hotel, then post a team (usually a rifleman and support member) at the entrance to the hotel, using the flowerbeds as cover.

2) If you want, snipe the original enemies at the crash site from the second-story window in the hotel.

3) After that, post a team with a demolitions expert in the alley that directly faces the crash site (looking up the street from the hotel, the alley entrance is at the top of the rise and on the left) and have them hold their position and stay out of sight.

4) Have Alpha (for me, usually a solitary sniper, sometimes with a rifleman) check out the crash site, and as soon as the objective is complete have them hit the dirt. Enemies will appear at the crash site, at the government building near the hotel, and at the street behind the crash site.

5) Use your demo team (Charlie) to take out the enemies that appear at the crash site.

6) Use your support team (Bravo) to take out the enemies that appear by the hotel, then switch to Charlie and wait for the tank. As soon as it passes the alley in which your Charlie is hiding, use your demo expert to pop an M136 into it.

7) If you haven't gotten everybody, there might be a few stragglers hanging around behind the tank and the crash site, but it shouldn't be too hard to mop them up. When they're gone, you've beaten the mission.

This one is easy. My method is very similar to the above post, but there are a few differencs.

Kill everyone you can see. DO NOT approach the helicopter crash until you are certain all enemies are dead and eveyone is in position!

Position a team (preferably with a grenade launcher) near the hotel facing the building that looks like a courthouse.

Move somebody back to the corner behind the crash site (at the very corner of the map). It makes no difference who. I personally like to use a sniper. Position them to face toward the alley.

Take a team with an M136 over to the crash site. Run to the low wall in the corner nearest the alley where the tank comes from. Kneel down.

Pop the tank as soon as it appears (and you won't have to wait long). HIT THE DECK! (The blast should take a large number of the infantry support. :devil: )

Switch to the team that you left near the hotel. Kill the guys on the steps of the "courthouse." A single grenade usually works well. Aim above and behind them. If you miss anybody, you're a screw-up. :) Take out any survivors however you see fit.

Switch to the team in the corner behind the crash. Kill anybody you can see.

If that doesn't end the mission, there are only one or two guys left. Fire all the rockets you have left back behind the tank. Well over 99% (but unfortunately not quite 100%) of the time that will take care of the cowardly ######(s) hiding back there. If not, you're out of luck and will have to go to the extraction.

But at least you will have an infinite amount of time to get everybody on the helipad. ;)

Takes me 3 minutes.

Edited by Ryan243