For the love of God

Sufa

I was all worked up about the gameplay being ruined now some people are all worked up about female soldiers. :wacko: Bring on the women just don't ruin the gameplay. Any how I'm sure there are more than a few women now that are ready to put their lives on the line in combat so what's wrong with having them in GR2 which is set in the future? :o=

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they include dogs in this game, so you can take practice shots at them to hear them yelp.

Yes - i always hate it when i hear them growling so close it seems like they are about to gnaw on my ankles but i can't put a few rounds in them. But then since this game will take place in a famine striken North Korea, all the dogs will probably have been eaten already so we shouldn't have too much to worry about...

I just hope they include dogs in this game, so you can take practice shots at them to hear them yelp.

Yes - i always hate it when i hear them growling so close it seems like they are about to gnaw on my ankles but i can't put a few rounds in them. But then since this game will take place in a famine striken North Korea, all the dogs will probably have been eaten already so we shouldn't have too much to worry about...

Hehe, very true indeed :D:P

Afghanny men want their women in Burkas,

Moderator Edit

"Some" men here don't want women in combat, you go figure.

I served with women in the Corp, and I'm glad they were there.

We got some ugly ppl in our platoon.

Edited by NYR_32

I have no problems w/women in combat, as long as there is only one set of standards for all soldiers. This politically correct crap about dropping physical standards for women is wrong, it's not a good idea for a combat soldier. If the chick can do the PT and pass the physical, there should be no issues.

i guess i dont really mind females in GR2. my problems are more with women in the military. i mean, in Los Angeles, the City Council passed a resolution that the police department become 42 percent female. but since there wasn't enough females who would apply for the job, the department eliminated the height requirement, made the written test easier, and, many say, dumbed down the physical aspect of training at the academy. now im not sure if the same goes for the military, but it is indeed a problem. though as ruggbutt said, if females can meet the standard thats set for the males, more power to'em. just dont lower the standard to meet the females capabilities. ;)

i guess i dont really mind females in GR2. my problems are more with women in the military. i mean, in Los Angeles, the City Council passed a resolution that the police department become 42 percent female. but since there wasn't enough females who would apply for the job, the department eliminated the height requirement, made the written test easier, and, many say, dumbed down the physical aspect of training at the academy. now im not sure if the same goes for the military, but it is indeed a problem. though as ruggbutt said, if females can meet the standard thats set for the males, more power to'em. just dont lower the standard to meet the females capabilities. ;)

During my training, I found that most women were equally adept at most things as men. Women, on average, could do the same number (if not more) of pushups, situps, and watnot as men. Where the women fell short (obviously) was hand-to-hand against men.

Here's the thing: Women who apply for LE/Military positions seem to be of a certain mindset. Most of the women whom I know in that capacity, are aware of the fact that the cards are stacked against them; they're not the stereotypical women we men like to think of. IMO, women who are typically in a LE/Military role are more apt to be physically fit, dedicated to winning, and generally have a fighting spirit. There's one female in particular that I'd rather have with me than almost anyone else in the world. She's about 5'1", 100 lbs, and the toughest little person I've ever met.

So the GR2 producer is a woman and so feels the need to add more female Ghosts! Wasn't GR supposed to be about reality? Again political correctness has found its way into a, ahem, pc (political correctness not personal computer) game. WOMEN AREN'T ALLOWED IN COMBAT UNITS DO YOU HEAR THIS UBI? Yes its ok for me to complain and remember this game is hailed as being realistic so make it that way! Why is it so hard to leave male exclusive occupations alone? LOL it is such a lame pathetic thought of watching a woman lug gear on the battlefield! This isn't real its Barbiedolls pretending to be grunts and turning the real grunts into a ###### platoon.

this reminds of a killer quote i read on IRC the other day:

Im not racists, i just hate blacks

idiot.

There's one female in particular that I'd rather have with me than almost anyone else in the world. She's about 5'1", 100 lbs, and the toughest little person I've ever met.

While I've never met a woman that could beat my ######, I've met a few that could hurt me pretty bad.......... :o

I can't belive this thread :blink: I suddenly feel like I've stepped into victorian times. "women know your place" :wall:

Personally I think all this political correctness rubbish is more counter productive & I can see why people get upset when authorities say things like "42 percent must be female" bla bla bla. It should be a case of if your the able to do the job then you can do it. & if your the best for the job then you get it. it shouldn't matter about your sex, skin colour, religion, Birth place, wealth bla bla bla.

But as long as narrow minded ***** are discriminating out there, then city councils will have to pass resolutions to counter-act such mindsets.

Here's my stand point on Female's in GR2.

1) It's a game. get over it.

2) If you know your history you would know that many females have been in the heat of battle & done extremely well. as mentioned in above posts.

3) In the future it's quite possible that Females may play a more prominent role in the US special forces. (the rest of the world seem so be ok about this)

4) Someone would have to be struggling with there own manhood to take offense at this. :thumbsup:

5) the fact that the "GR2 producer is a woman" dosn't automatically mean thats the reason for the incusion of women. I'm a GR die hard fan & a man, If I had been the producer of GR2 I'd have included women & not for marketing reasons either or political correctness. but fun, variety & realism.

6) It's nice to hear the female character grunting after she's been wounded. ooooh

(j/k :rofl: )

7) Females were in GR1 & no-one had a problem with that. :yes:

I'll just sit here know & wait for the flaming :devil:

Edited by Stig

Women would be good for sniping or scouts as they are small and light.

I think they can't carry heavy weapons that long as a man could.

Maybe in the future when all tools are smaller/lighter women will have the advantage over men, because the brute force/power of men won't be needed, but the stealthiness of woman will.

Or maybe it's best to have a balanced mixture of men and women.

... the City Council passed a resolution that the police department become 42 percent female.

Eek, I wouldn't want to be in the 59th percentile of men on the force. :unsure: Though I hear the surgery is fairly painless these days.

Heh, no in all seriousness, I tried to research this claim but I couldn't find any news links or reference sites (not even any sites where people have complained about it... and this is the internet... people complain about everything!). Maybe you have a link Iron?

Thanks in advance.

The original point, long forgotten,was why there were women in GR, and it has less to do with the real military, than to expand the game base to female gamers and make them feel more at home in the game by having a female character. My experience with female gamers is that they are very good and a lot of fun. So why not?