For the love of God

Sufa

So the GR2 producer is a woman and so feels the need to add more female Ghosts! Wasn't GR supposed to be about reality? Again political correctness has found its way into a, ahem, pc (political correctness not personal computer) game. WOMEN AREN'T ALLOWED IN COMBAT UNITS DO YOU HEAR THIS UBI? Yes its ok for me to complain and remember this game is hailed as being realistic so make it that way! Why is it so hard to leave male exclusive occupations alone? LOL it is such a lame pathetic thought of watching a woman lug gear on the battlefield! This isn't real its Barbiedolls pretending to be grunts and turning the real grunts into a ###### platoon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the GR2 producer is a woman and so feels the need to add more female Ghosts! Wasn't GR supposed to be about reality? Again political correctness has found its way into a, ahem, pc (political correctness not personal computer) game. WOMEN AREN'T ALLOWED IN COMBAT UNITS DO YOU HEAR THIS UBI? Yes its ok for me to complain and remember this game is hailed as being realistic so make it that way! Why is it so hard to leave male exclusive occupations alone? LOL it is such a lame pathetic thought of watching a woman lug gear on the battlefield! This isn't real its Barbiedolls pretending to be grunts and turning the real grunts into a ###### platoon.

Why shouldn't female gamers be allowed to jump into the role of a female grunt as much as males?

I think UBI/RSE made a wise choice on including female characters.

No game can ever be as realistic as the real deal, so your vision on gaming is an illusion.

I completely agree with Sufa on this one. To put a woman on the team is just asinine. I cant stand the women on GR1, and I wont be changin' any time soon.

But, UBI is a french company, so that might explain a lot.

omg....that also explains your IQ.

Some young folks seems to forget, its about the bottom line---profits.

"Realistic games" ---- sheesh!

Quakefest taught developers/publishers, there are women-league players. And do well against men. So the developers gave women characters they can "play."

It is a game.

It is Ubi.

It "is" a console game first, then PC. So you know Ubi is after the "Toys r Us-kids."

Talking about realistic, how many SOF have you seen without baseball cap or helmet?

Its a game... :rofl:

There is nothing wrong with adding a few female characters to appeal to that market. Not to mention that there are many countries that have women ghosts and snipers.

With that said, I'm keeping my eye on this thread. If it continues to get out of line and disparages women, it will be gone - and it has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with following the rules set forth by Rocky.

and it has nothing to do with political correctness

No one said it would be/ was / or is.

Woman characters / men characters, aslong as the team AI works - they follow commands & shoot tangos .. job done.

The orginal poster claimed that the inclusion of women in the game is due to political correctness so I was just pointing out that if this thread was removed it wouldn't be due to that even though I, as a female, is offended by his remarks and have the ability to remove this thread right now.

However, I believe that the reason women are included is to attrack that audience to boost profit for UBI and has nothing to do with political correctness so the thread stays.... for now.

I didnt notice any female characters in GR2 :huh:

There will be a total of eight skin, six male and two female. Remember the photo shoot of the girl in the uniform outside Red Storm that were posted here at GhostRecon.net earlier this year?!!! Also, to satisfy some sim fans out there, there is also medic support.
:whistle:

DS

Edited by Dick Splash

You should read about the "Night Witches", who flew for the Russians, and the women fighter aces, one of whom had 14 kills, or the female Russian snipers at Stalingrad, or the women who defended Leningrad, or all the women who have served in the armed forces, you have a lot to learn.

Sufa @ Sep 11 2004, 19:29

blah blah blah

Of all the things to get your panties (joking of course) in a knot over.

:P

I really see nothing wrong with the inclusion of female characters.

IMO, I think it adds more to the game.

Kinda like the old Rainbow 6...

Edited by Zantar45

there is a woman in the 82nd airboard, in a combat role. She served in iraq. Get over it.