Last Day of My Summer

tyovan4

Well, today is the last day of my summer. My high school and college classes both start tomorrow morning, and of course I'm working tonight until 22:00.

It's been a great summer though, I've made about $1750-2000 working and I've met an amazing girl while I've been working.

I'm not looking forward to school starting tomorrow , or to my friend going back to Poland on 12 September. :(

Thankfully, plane tickets to Poland over Christmas are only about $550 right now.. and she said I can stay with her.. Now, you know where that money I made this summer is going to go :rocky::thumbsup:

So, when does everyone else's school resume and how has your summer been?

all the best mate for this year!.. :thumbsup:

there has been no summer in here in UK rain rain rain and more rain... :(

Buts its been a laugh and a good "summer holliday", i gotta go back college this year (2nd sept) and im still lookin for a job in I.T ... :ph34r:

Daym! "my mind on my money, money on my mind"...

:mellow: No sympathy for any of you!

My school decided it wants to end the first semester before Christmas break. Needless to say, they had to make us start early. Today was the start of the 3rd week.

I dont mind, senior year is awesome. :D

Thankfully, plane tickets to Poland over Christmas are only about $550 right now

$550? Only?! What were they before?

Wow, I was unaware some people started so early..

It's been two whole days, and I'm already sick of it.

First semester schedule:

Period 1: Webpage/Multimedia Design

Period 2: Providential History of American Foreign Policy (a 300 level class at college!!) - lucky only class on Monday and Wednesday, the other days I have a free period this period

Period 3: AP US History/Physical Education (alternates every day)

Period 4: Language of the Law

Only 178 more days to go.. and I'm a free man :wacko:

Somehow I thought being a senior would be better than this - but it sucks. I go to the college and I feel out of my league (all college juniors and seniors) ... I go to the high school and get angry because they treat us like we're small children.. :unsure:

I start next week, last year of school, then onto the army. The remainder of my days will consist of the following:

- Lemonade

- Lawn Chair

- Radio

- No Socks

When I get home from work, damn...

To insure that the time will be spent this way, all phones will be unplugged, and all of the neighbors dogs with be shot with paint-balls if caught in my general area.

1 more week.

Wow, I was unaware some people started so early..

It's been two whole days, and I'm already sick of it.

First semester schedule:

Period 1: Webpage/Multimedia Design

Period 2: Providential History of American Foreign Policy (a 300 level class at college!!) - lucky only class on Monday and Wednesday, the other days I have a free period this period

Period 3: AP US History/Physical Education (alternates every day)

Period 4: Language of the Law

Only 178 more days to go.. and I'm a free man :wacko:

Somehow I thought being a senior would be better than this - but it sucks. I go to the college and I feel out of my league (all college juniors and seniors) ... I go to the high school and get angry because they treat us like we're small children.. :unsure:

4 periods? That sounds great! How long are the hours? Ours sit at about an hour and ten minutes with 5 classes. Multimedia design huh? That's always a good class. I took our design course last year, and I've moved onto to the higher level. Well, have fun.

ty, US History your senior year? Is that a school thing? If so then that sucks IMHO, since I got it out of the way last year. US His is probably one of the more challanging classes, but also one of the most intereting.

My school has six periods, but I only have five since I chose to have no first period. Wednsday we only have 1st, 3rd and 5th periods, so I get to sleep in until 9am tomorrow. :rocky:

Edited by Crimson

As the only poster in this thread who had attended both American and Scottish schools... I can safely say that you guys have it easy. You have absolutely no right to complain. Enjoy the time you have and be thankful you're not over here.

Of course... all that's finished for me, now. While our Secondary schools started back on the 17th of August (having only started the Summer Holiday on July 2nd), I'm off till the 21st of September. :D

School started Monday :'( I HATE SCHOOL!

I had to change my schedule ALREADY. I signed up for German at 10 in the morning, but they changed the time to 5 at night. IF I WANTED A NIGHT CLASS I"D HAVE SIGNED UP FOR ONE!!!!! :angry: And of course the ###### didn't tell me. I got to show up at the right time and find out the time has been changed. IDIOTS! INCOMPETANT ASSES!

:rant:

Otherwise SSDS. (That's Same . . . uh . . . Stuff Different Semester)

@Snared_Gambit: The classes are about 1:15 - 1:20 long.. something like that anyway :wacko:

@Crimson: No, I elected to take AP US History. US Histroy I (1700-1900) is mandatory your freshman year, and US History II (1900-1980) is mandatory your sophomore year.. World History is mandatory your junior year, and you must choose to take one of the following history classes your senior year:

Psychology and Sociology ( I took this last year )

Political Science ( I took this last year )

Living in a Democratic Society ( dumbed-down Political Science )

AP US History ( only one I had yet to take - taking it this year )

@Pyro: Yes, we do have it easier.. Your school blew my mind.

I still hate it though :devil:

vinegar reacts with baking soda kids...)

Make sure you pay attention in english this time.

Haha, just wait until chemistry and stoikiometry... that's a real PITA! :wall:

@ty - We take World Cultures (world history for you I assume) our freshmen year and no history sophmore year.