N-V goggles

Iron Skillet

They overlooked it again! Obviously we can have Night-Vision in every mission, so where are the Night-Vision Goggles?!? I love the looks of the game so far, and Im still gonna by it come 2005. But, cimon'? Has anyone seen GOGGLES yet?

i think the night-vision 'goggles' would give it a better feel.

No, night vision is only available in certain missions as required, otherwise it is not available, so you cannot use it in day missions. As it stands now, it is full screen, but, that may change for PC. By then, it may be also available in all missiosn but I hope not.

it would make it more challenging if you had to go into some dark areas and did not have NV to give you an advantage.

In one of the vid clips that have been posted I saw NV for a couple of seconds. It doesn't make the other players glow like in GR, but it was too light of a green color, almost the same color as the green bar at the top of the posts where our names are.

It seems to me that they should have made the NV gogles be a part of the kit selection. That way you could make the choice as to whether you felt that tool or some other one was the most important. Making the goggles only available for night missions seems like a cop out for not being able to get the programming right so they behave the way they would in the real world under daylight.

why dont they just make the N-V very sensitive, so in the day you couldn't see any thing at all, you'd just be blinded. but say you need to go into a building with hardly any lighting, you just switch the N-V on. that'd be pretty sweet.

yeah - that was kind of what i was thinking/hoping for. Not doing that seems pretty silly. Even if you are using the NV gogles at night you should get almost blinded if you look at a search light or something or go into a lit up building. SC:PT seemed to handle this pretty well so I am not sure why they can't provide realistic NV goggles here. Even with that said it seems that if binoculars take up a slot in your kit, NV goggles should too. Or maybe even better would be having a binocular NV combo where you could switch the NV on or off...

to clarify - it is my understanding that night vision will be available in all maps HOWEVER the way night vision performs will be writen into the map in much the same way that weather effects are now. this could prove to be very interesting and open up multiple modding options for the future!