having played it...

zeroalpha

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When playing GR1 in co-op mode a confirmation for completeing an objective comes onto the screen. The only problem was that it would cover the first players entire screen. Did you notice if this was changed?

When playing GR1 in co-op mode a confirmation for completeing an objective comes onto the screen. The only problem was that it would cover the first players entire screen. Did you notice if this was changed?

I don't recall the objective notification ever covering up the entire screen.

ZA, I don't suppose you got to see or play any multplayer action? If so, please provide any details that you can.

I don't recall the objective notification ever covering up the entire screen

Play GR1 on xbox with co-op mode... meaning 2 or more people playing a misson. When the objective is accomplished it will cover the first players screen...

My concern....(quote from the article posted by Rocky) We are told according to That gamer magazine..."Although the PC and GameCube versions were notably off the menu during the 60 minute presentation, members of the development team present admitted that the PC version will be based on the Xbox version and is being coded at Red Storm"

Can I have my version in PC flavor please? I'm going to be sad if it's really just meaning that this quote above to be a slight of hand for the term" a port" of the game to the PC. sorry. that's what I'm getting by that comment...

@ZeroAlpha....what say you according to the fact you played GR2?

based on what i have seen and heard, and no I cant be more specific at this time. I now believe that producing theX-BOX version first was the smart move

QUESTION FOR ZA: have any changes been made to the use of sniper weapons ala AA or JO to make it more challenging and realistic? (e.g., use of bi-pods, need to zero in scope, weapon ret movement due to breathing)

El

not that was obviously evident but we will have to wait for the final release to be sure

ZA, I don't suppose you got to see or play any multplayer action?  If so, please provide any details that you can.

16th :whistle:

Damn you ZA! :angry:

I bet you're ready to explode with all the secrets you have to hold in :)

you have no idea.... :wall:

The landscapes look amazing in the screenshots I have seen so far.

I was wondering if any of the maps you played had tall grass which you could actually hide in or help to conceal yourself??

I was also wondering if you moved slower in water? The videos I saw didnt seem to slow you down at all.

Edited by EasyCo

The landscapes look amazing in the screenshots I have seen so far.

I was wondering if any of the maps you played had tall grass which you could actually hide in or help to conceal yourself??

I was also wondering if you moved slower in water? The videos I saw didnt seem to slow you down at all.

grass was the best feature IMHO looked great about 18" and you are right in it :thumbsup:

1. Can you comment on the command system for the X Box, the default order and the menu system? Is the menu one level with numeric options like SWAT 3 or is there more than 1 level. How do you string commands? Can you move the squad around stealthily?

2. Does the command map have grids, and what does it do in SP?

3. Can you comment on the weapons available in SP on X Box...XM8, XM8GL, M249, Marksman rifle, what else...

4. Did you have a chance to order the AI to use AT?

5. Is X Box moddable?

6. What do you think of OTS and the hand signals?

7. Are there features like dynamic mission objectives, dynamic sky box, etc...?

8. What did you think of the radar map and can it be toggle off?

9. In MP, with AI backup, do you jump into the next AI if you die?

If I have asked questions that you already answered, just say see above. Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

Edited by Kurtz

1. Can you comment on the command system for the X Box, the default order and the menu system? Is the menu one level with numeric options like SWAT 3 or is there more than 1 level. How do you string commands? Can you move the squad around stealthily?

2. Does the command map have grids, and what does it do in SP?

3. Can you comment on the weapons available in SP on X Box...XM8, XM8GL, M249, Marksman rifle, what else...

4. Did you have a chance to order the AI to use AT?

5. Is X Box moddable?

6. What do you think of OTS and the hand signals?

7. Are there features like dynamic mission objectives, dynamic sky box, etc...?

8. What did you think of the radar map and can it be toggle off?

9. In MP, with AI backup, do you jump into the next AI if you die?

If I have asked questions that you already answered, just say see above. Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

the command system is much like RvS round on screen inteface with 4 optioms for quick commands plus the option to give more detailed commands, will have to wait to see full version but looked good :thumbsup:

map is grided but again may see some subtle changes in release version

more on weapons to follow!

yes and AI did the job, just dont get in the back blast :wall:

there was the suggestion of downloadable content but no mention of modding

OTS - good for single player can (and will!) be turned off!

hand signals are cool but will comment more later

because i am rubbish on X-BOX controler i failed to make an extract and was re routed to new PUP as LZ too hot!

moving cloud layer can obscure the sun :thumbsup: you can see rain drops bounce of the ghosts!

would need to play more to give a proper insight into radar, was too busy trying to stay alive!!!

no comment on multi player at this time :whistle:

i was going to ask the same Q. sup wit da wata'?

not sure on this as some features not fully implimented

Can you elaborate on the 4 kit slots? Is it like RVS? Main weapon/Secondary weapon/flashbang/Smoke type of slotting?

Having talked to ZA I can answer this one. There are four kits slots...one for your Primary, Secondary and two kit items. However unlike RvS you cannot add attachments to your weapon.