having played it...

zeroalpha

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ ZeroAlpha, i know alot of questions are coming at you at high rates of speed. mine deals with the moddability side of the game. are things pretty much the same? or is there a complete change to GR2 modding?

Basically concerend with what I do know being able to go on into GR2...

Thanks ZeroAlpha

-Papa6-

I'm not ZA but I have talked to him alot about the game. At this point he only heard about possible downloadable content for Xbox...not much mention of modding that platform. Who knows what we'll see for the PC. However logically RSE is using something to script missions...ie "Igor2"...so we can hope that is released to us with the PC version. Still way to early to be sure however.

:D I have always been excited about the potential of this game and your detailed report has only heightened my excitement.

My few questions:

1. How many missions are planned for the release?

2. Did you play First Person View or the Over The Shoulder?

3. Any flashbangs for CQB work?

4. Any idea on changeable camo (to customize player) and will AI react different to different camo in different environments?

-----------------

If any developer is reading this, your next video release of the game should show a short stealth type mission going down. Unfortunately many people assumed it was "run and gun" just because the video release was fast paced "run and gun" action.

Also, when a game editor is released, it would make for some good missions if we could have enemy teams head to a location after a certain trigger (Ie. If Captain is neutralized then have teams 1 and 2 head to LeaderKilledZone)

Thanks for everything. Many of us are eagerly awaiting your product...

Sniper questions:

1) Will there be ghillie suits & is it a kit option?

2) You said the grass looks awsome, but can you us it to make a makeshift ghillie suit like putting some grass on your helmet etc..?

3) Is the sniper limited to a pistol for a sidearm or can he equip a MP5/SMG?

4) Snipers are also capable of calling in air strikes, so can the sniper find targets and call in the fly boyz or laser a target?

Edited by Operative47

Here are some questions.

1. Are there going to be thermal v. kits?

2. How is the sniping different in GR2 (wobble when standing or same as before, slower pips?) and do different riffles have different looking scopes?

3. Can NV be used in 3rd person?

thank you

:thumbsup: first of all , thumbs up for a job well done zero alpha.

I got 2 questions left (after reading all the others)

" is it possible to fire :o= when your going prone??"

cause it costed me a lot of deaths in gr 1 :P

" Is there a date set for a pc-demo version?" or is this again highly confidential?

(than im also curious bout the modability as asked before in this thread)

my questions.

1. How did the special effects look? (explosions, tracers, dust, smoke etc....)

2. Are there smoke grenades?

3. Are the airstrikes like the 20 foot off the ground bombing enemy 10feet away like in the photos and some videos or did RSE take time to fix it and push them up in the sky at least another 100 feet or so.

4. Lighting. I heard GR2 is dynamic shadow, so? Is there dynamic lighting?

5. Specular lighting. How do the reflections look in water. Does the glass and bare metal objects (coke cans, trucks etc.) with a metelic surface look good?

Im out of questions... :yes: only thing else I could want is a FPWV and bump mapping. Might have a solid game then.

Edited by Prozac360

*Hires Snake to hack ZAs' and NYRs' PC's*

*Snake sets clocks forward to 16th.........of June 2008*

>_<

Don't know if it was asked or not (too lazy to look) but are sensors going to return?

didnt see sensors, but that does not mean anything either way

What about disappearing bodies? that's one of those small things nobody talks about, but ends up being terribly frustrating in the end...

yep hate that too, was in evidence at demo but may be an option as is now ??

Got another one.

Do bullets still change direction after hitting a person/object?

It was always fun to shoot a enemy and the bullet veer off to the side and nail a hidden person.

sorry mate have to pass on that (as i have no idea :rofl: )

Here are some questions.

1. Are there going to be thermal v. kits?

2. How is the sniping different in GR2 (wobble when standing or same as before, slower pips?) and do different riffles have different looking scopes?

3. Can NV be used in 3rd person?

thank you

1 - no thermal kits

2 - no changes seen to sniping at this time

3 - yes

I don't have any questions ZeroAlpha, just want to say thanks for the report and great job to GR.net!

@Red Storm, I knew you guys wouldn't let me down. ;)

night crawler, you are so right. the guys from red storm are so obviously passionate about the game we need to remember it was their baby in the first place, I feel they have as much if not more belief in the original ethos as we do :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: first of all , thumbs up for a job well done zero alpha.

I got 2 questions left (after reading all the others)

" is it possible to fire :o= when your going prone??"

cause it costed me a lot of deaths in gr 1 :P

" Is there a date set for a pc-demo version?" or is this again highly confidential?

(than im also curious bout the modability as asked before in this thread)

if you mean "pull the trigger mid stance change" i hope not! we get enough TK's without uncontroled shots all over the place. HOWEVER....

in the X-BOX version a double tap on the down key results in a move from standing straight to prone, couple that with the combat roll and we may live longer!

no dates for any pc stuff mentioned at the demo

nothing official said about pc version or modding

my questions.

1. How did the special effects look? (explosions, tracers, dust, smoke etc....)

2. Are there smoke grenades?

3. Are the airstrikes like the 20 foot off the ground bombing enemy 10feet away like in the photos and some videos or did RSE take time to fix it and push them up in the sky at least another 100 feet or so.

4. Lighting. I heard GR2 is dynamic shadow, so? Is there dynamic lighting?

5. Specular lighting. How do the reflections look in water. Does the glass and bare metal objects (coke cans, trucks etc.) with a metelic surface look good?

Im out of questions... :yes: only thing else I could want is a FPWV and bump mapping. Might have a solid game then.

1 effects looked good but still not fully completed

2 no smoke at this time but a request was made to see them available :devil:

3 unsure as to the finished system of non scripted air strikes

4 pass, sorry!

5 from what i saw lighting effects are good, but for a real appreciation of that sort of stuff you need a game for a couple of days1

Thanks ZA, sorry to keep asking the same questions over but I need some clarifications.

1. Is there going to be any thermal at all? Multiplayer imparticular or at all in the game.

2. Are there going to be changes to the sniping scopes?

3. Do you feel claymores are going to be more usefull?

4. How much of a view point do you have of an area when behind an object when in ots view. Also, how do you feel the OTS view changes the gamplay for the better?

Thanks for your time!