Para's latest

Nice Helmet and Body Armour etc... looking good. BTW Any chance of CAR-15 for those lads? Circa early 90's.

If I can find a decent reference photo of a CAR-15 flash hider, I'll work on it. :)

EDIT -

Pic found, texture and model done. :)

EDIT again -

If anybody has a good idea of what kinds of optics Delta or other SF units used in the mid 90's, I'd appreciate having some ideas.

Edited by Parabellum

you may want to update the camo :yes:  it is too light and you should use the same camo scheme that is used with the vbs delta operators. you could also make a version which is completely desert coloured (light brown), with no camo pattern.

The camo pattern isn't really that light. It's the blur from DXDLL that makes them look so light. Also, I'm not using any textures from BIA that I don't need to use. I do think they're very good, but I like to use my own textures and models when I can. Also, I'm going for a very specific look; there will be no other color schemes, with the possible exception of woodland.

Edited by Parabellum

you may want to update the camo :yes: it is too light and you should use the same camo scheme that is used with the vbs delta operators. you could also make a version which is completely desert coloured (light brown), with no camo pattern.

Welcome by bk..glad to see things in the real world are keeping you safe..

:thumbsup:

Just something that I forgot to mention in my last post: I'm not doing any solid color patterns, such as brown, gray, etc, because my SEALs look similar to my Delta guys, but with solid-colored uniforms. I don't want them to look too similar. As to the colors in the desert camo, perhaps someone can give me some pointers. I took samples directly from a photo of an operator wearing the camo, and the texture looks fine in PhotoShop; the color is pretty well on. But, even without DXDLL, I have to admit that it's too light in the game.

• 1 year later...
Para, any more news on this addon?  I know you've had some PC issues, but are you back on track now?

It's still sititng there. I never did get the look I wanted for the desert camo, and I got tired of the woodland camo. As with all my projects, I decided I hated it after a while, and shelved it.

It's still sititng there.  I never did get the look I wanted for the desert camo, and I got tired of the woodland camo.  As with all my projects, I decided I hated it after a while, and shelved it.

Ah, too bad. I was really looking forward to it. You know, sometimes it's okay to release something even if it's not 100% perfect... :D But I hear ya. You do it for yourself first, and you're always your own biggest critic. ;)