Pressure

migryder

Hey Gang,

I'm working on the 5th mission of this pack now. The mission under construction will be on the Red Square map(Red Snow). There are four others on the following maps - Snipe Hunt - Caves map, Embassy Bus - you'll start inside the hotel, Steel Snake - mountain map with three possible inserts, and Road Gang - day battlefield map. All but Red Snow have been tested already, so as soon as I get a working copy of Red Snow tested I'll send the mod to Rocky. I hope this pack will live up to it's name.

mig :ph34r:

Well Roadrunner above thinks Red Snow may be a little too much like Wiley Coyote you know, just too easy to fool, so maybe a few ACME tweaks are in order, but I'm not afraid for it to be easier than Steel Snake or Embassy Bus. I played through Red Snow with invincibility on as Co-op, the objs all worked out there as in SP, although KRP56 did have a little problem with a rebel tango that was hugging a wall doing a jig at the end. I had a guy hide behind a dumpster during that same firefight and it is required to rout or kill that team to complete the mission. I sent it to my co-op guys but they have had trouble getting together recently, I'm hoping to hear from them soon, will incoprorate any tweaks then test it with KRP56 then send it to Rocky, hopefully within the week.

Steel Snake has three possible inserts and four possible locales to find the commander, E. Bus - at least one nasty APC. and a real surprise brought to ya by friendly hostage AI, Snipe Hunt - those snipes just won't stay put, Road Gang - lots of moving around in those craters... all missions except RS have snipers and others with plans that move them from cover arc to arc... works nicely for cliffs and building tops or teams moving through craters...ya get ready to draw down and he moved or when did that guy show up! I thought it might be too heavy of scripting but it seems to work well and looks cool.

Edited by migryder

no San, I agree that would be the primary choice if possible, but cliffs and some building tops are too irregular or have too many obstacles like rocks that will lead to chrs doing the above mentioned computer jig and messing up the mission IMO. KRP56 broke me of trying to include vehicles like a SAMs in add zones, whether patrol or defense because he always complained about actors getting stuck on them and looking stupid. These days I use at least two zones and two teams to patrol or defend around objects like that, I just don't include them. I guess you might be able to have one team use two zones with the handy restart action, but that may lead to the hang as well. I will test that just for fun. These plans I'm using take away the randomness of a defense zone, but do ensure that the actor(s) will move around, I've created defense zones with lots of stations only to have the actors use a few or seem to just hang out at one and in the little building on the final IT map I've had them trying to all get on one even though they had more than there were of them, I guess the comp told them this is the safe place to be? Biggest reason though. while creating Steel Snake I tried to use the defend zone on several cliffs, went in to test and had some snipers trying to run right off the cliffs once the action started and boy did that look stupid, I had to have the zone larger than the edges of the cliffs to get my shooters where I wanted them, well these multi arc plans allowed me to get the chrs right to the edge w/o having them do that (at least not as often), use Alertness combat, arc arc arc....with path steps if wanted and then Restart, time each station differently. I have placed stance actions at some places to get them prone then move at a crouch go prone etc, that makes the plan long though. In Road Gang you won't recognize it playing but there is one team with an officer plus 2 that move from enemy position to position as if checking the line, they cover at each spot and some places along the way. You'll run into them or see them moving through line at some point. You'll also see guys moving here and there in the haze. S. Commando and KRP56 have both played Steel Snake, they can comment on well it worked out for that one. KRP56 has played all of these several times through.

Edited by migryder

• 2 weeks later...

Note to co-op teams - if playing Steel Snake and you die early with spawns on, u may relocate to the default insert upon spawing, this could be a good thing or a really bad thing, you should not be under immediate fire, just incredibly alone. I forgot to seperate the teleport function between SP/Co-op at start up. oooppps!

it is a Winzip file and no exe., but no files have been altered if needed for Mac.

later...

Well after reading back up on Mac requirements I think there should be little or no problem with Mac users for this one. As stated above it is a WinZip file and all files are org RSE files from GR, IT, and maybe DS. Are Mac versions available for all Ghost Recon CDs? To be honest I cannot remember if I used any DS files but think not, you should activate it anyway just in case. When I create missions I tend to have all RSE mods active so I can access the files if needed, sometimes I forget if I used a file from one of the Mp folders. These def have wep kits from the IT Mp2 folder for friendlies and enemies too.

Edited by migryder