Barrett XM109

GRIM-HITMAN

I'm new to weapons modding and have basically stuck to modifying existing weapons from other mods. I was wondering if anyone has made the Barrett XM109 25mm rifle. I don't have the skills or tools to make the weapon model or skin myself so if anyone knows if its out there or could give me some help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

:o= GRIM-HITMAN :o=

@GRIT _HITMAN : I am also in the same position ref new weapons, and I asked my good m8 =MM= Shadow for the Payload rifle.

He has modified a Barraett M82, to look like the Xm109 - looks good to me, and Ive sorted out the projectile etc already. :o=

Obviously DSV-1's model will be purpose made and will look better but if DSV-1 is delayed m8, I will ask Shad if he will let u have it m8. :thumbsup:

@DSV-1, dont mean to jump in m8, just offering help if needed. :yes:

Also, did u ever have a stab at the 'new' look M29 OICE Model ??? :devil:

(See http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18083)

Hey no worries guys if u can get a Payload rifle before i get mine sorted then crack on......

Thats what the community is for, to pull together and help one anotherout where we can ;)

As soon as its done i'll send ya a holla buddy ;)

Laters

Lovely model there Jaxe!!!! :drool:

Here's my attempt so far, the Unertl scope requires texturing and I'm not happy about some of the textures parts so will re-do some of them etc but pretty much finnito ;)

Payload1.gif

and....

Payload2.gif

Feedback good and bad taken guys :D

Laters

Lovely model there Jaxe!!!! :drool:

Here's my attempt so far, the Unertl scope requires texturing and I'm not happy about some of the textures parts so will re-do some of them etc but pretty much finnito ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vdickson/Payload1.gif

and....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vdickson/Payload2.gif

Feedback good and bad taken guys :D

Laters

some constructive feedback, dvs1: :)

the "lines" on the magazine texture are facing in a wrong direction. they should be 0° vertical, like here:

http://www.firearmsmod.com/weapons/m82.jpg

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/sws/barret...vati_Barret.jpg

I don't like the light brown rusty color. decrease the saturation and lightness in "Hue/Saturation in Photoshop to get a dark grey.

the bipod is a bit too big (fat) compared to the rest of the model

you should also make alpha channels (or remodel) on the part where the scope is attached

Points taken on board there Stalker.....only 1 thing though buddy ;)

The links you give are for the M82 Barret and not the 'Payload' rifle, the magazine on the Payload is angled slightly....maybe not as much as I have given but have a quick squiz bud...

osw1.jpg

Will have a look and see about changing the saturation etc though mate, thats one of the things I didnt like myself :(

Your right on the bipod too, will edit that sometime soon :)

Laters guys

Another pic from the XM109, finished the model today. Just a few hours of texturing and it will be ready for use :o=

Oh....I exported the untextured model to GR and the only thing that amazed me was, the left hand of the sniper moves from the barrel to the back of his right shoulder. Looks very silly. What did I do wrong with the helperpoints?

XM109_D.jpg

Jaxe, what is the poly count on your latest model? You mentioned it was high, how high is it? I don't know if this helps but there is a tutorial that might help reduce the polycount.

About 10K :whistle:

The grips, handles,scope etc are complete build-up with meshes. Maybe wasn't this such a good idea. But looks pretty nice I guess. Maybe a remodel the gun someday.

It's a beaut of a model althoug it's high in polys for GR. Ought to be able to cut atleast a few of those of if you wanted to by alpha layering the holes in the bipod and let a texture do the work on the sight rail. Maybe even let a texture handle the holes in the barrel shroud.

I made a new sniper reticle a while ago Jaxe........

ss1.gif

Not the worlds greatest screenie but the sniper reticle and black ring effect only appears when the sniper zooms in, otherwise the screen is completely blank.

Drop me a line if you wanna hand with reticles or have a look at my reticle mod to pick apart and see how theywork mate ;)

My Reticles Mod

I think this link should work but of not drop me a line and i'll help ya where I can buddy.

Laters

DVS1

@ chiel_mic -

i think it can only be done with the sniper reticle as its a 1/4 that is symmetrically displayed on the screen....hard to describe but I not think it possible with 'normal' rifles etc......hopefully I can be proved wrong though :D

Any help ya need drop me a pm and we go from there

Laters

DVS1