Ammo and clips...

Dregur

I was watching that second movie clip from 1up.com when I noticed that when you fire your weapon, the round count not only counts down from the clip, but from the total rounds you have.

Is it me, or are they going to make it so your clips will come from a total round count instead of the amount of clips you have?

IE, In Ghost Recon 1, you have 6 clips, and after a prolonged firefight, some clips only have 2 bullets, and some only have 15. But in GR2, that would never happen, because there are no concepts of "# of clips".

-The Grinman :D

Wow good question, it looks like its going to be from the total round count.

Shame, I always fired 15 of 30 rounds from each mag, leaving a bunch of small 15 round mags at the end. Made keeping track of total ammo easy (for me at least), and always had a full magazine. :(

That is a good question, there is a chance though there still is a magizines left count, just more people wanted a total ammo count instead of the clip count.

Well, the problem I have with that is that I didn't really see a clip count on the GUI, unless those little round nubbles on the bottom were the clips, but I'm thinking there the weapon selection bubbles.

-The Grinman :D

Edited by Dregur

It's so the console warlords can run (or roll) into their huge firefights without being slowed down by a half-full mag from a previous contact. It reminds me of Half-Life - Every new magazine you put on automatically draws rounds from your total stock. It suggests that you have a big bag of loose rounds which you're using to refill your mags, or you're clip-loading your magazines without removing them.

Ammo pools......

I noticed in one video, that it looks like you can't just run over a body and get full ammo. Looks like you're gonna have to pick up a weapon to get the ammo, if it still has any left.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/tomcla...con2/media.html

Gameplay footage 3, notice all the Koreans have RPK's as does the Ghost when he goes over the weapons/bodies.

Here's to booby trapping dead bodies!

:thumbsup: