GameSpot GR2 Dev Interview

CR6

In the exciting seventh episode of On the Spot, Greg Kasavin will be stopping by to answer your questions about Doom 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and anything else you send his way--live.

Helping to break up the action are our friends from Ubisoft, who'll be giving us a look at Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2, which comes complete with a developer interview and more!

So be sure to come back at 4:00pm Pacific Daylight Time, when they'll be taking your questions live on the air.

http://www.gamespot.com/onthespot/index.ht..._lnav_onthespot

Hope GameSpot allows us to download an archived copy of this after the show ...

Stuff i noticed:

Sky isnt dynamic..looks like its the old GR box sky.(from what i noticed)

They fixed the brass ejection :D

You can climb up on waist high ledges

It has a "roll" feature

GR2 is in "pre-final beta"

I saw him with a RPK

I would like to see even a little footage of the order system, showing the flanking and supress orders, ordering the squad to use a mounted weapon or attack a tank. I would like to see how the air support works.

And I would really like some PC news.

Even I liked a few things I saw. It isn't GR1, thats for sure. Good game?, who knows, I think we'll really just have to wait and see. Actually looks better than most of the other junk games I've seen though. I'm just hoping that they convert the cartoon-world that we've seen into something a little grittier for the PC version.

Excellent, excellent.

I was fearing that it would be a little too much like Socom - mostly the part where you are able to run and fire with almost perfect aim and the fast reload times.

I wonder if they will keep the wounding feature?

*mentally aims for kneecaps with MP5SD*

:shifty:

Don't know if this was posted before, but I just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago.

mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/Ghostrecon2/prettylights-1.wmv

(you have to copy & paste in address bar)

Nice how they roll as if they are wearing alot of heavy gear.

Don't know if this was posted before, but I just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago.

mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/Ghostrecon2/prettylights-1.wmv

(you have to copy & paste in address bar)

Great find Zantar! Just curious where did you find the link?

Notice how you can see a the names of your teammates at the end of that video? It looks like there's Mike Kim, Joe Ramirez, and Duane (?) Farber.

That's interesting how they added that roll-over move! :rofl:

Very interesting, too bad I can't save the movie to my hardrive... Good find, I dunno how clear it showed up for anyone else but it was blurry for me (like the previous video) but I could make out enough of what was going on to like it...

both of the videos look quite cool. i like the climbing- and rolling-feature (although i do not immediadely see the need for the char to roll in some situations). where is the dive-feature from "killswitch"? :P

from what i saw in the fisrt video (was kinda blurry) the maps are more wide-open than the map from the e3-video. nice!

i'm looking forward to see more videos, especially from the pc-version, and finally the demo. :thumbsup:

Edited by Brainman2k

America's Army also has the prone roll and does not have a prone peek. So what I do is if I am prone I position myself just outside a corner or a tree trunk. If fired upon you just roll back behind the object for cover.

I hope GR2 will be like this.

Edited by Camel

I am still undecided about this. While some of the game looks good, the being the "hero" part is what I ain't to sure about. The original game did it right IMO. You actually played the game and didn't have to rely on AI teammates to do everything (what fun is that I ask you).