Full Spectrum Warrior

jmcdonald

Will you buy FSW?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it out. The demo installer dumps the files onto your C drive then install. Well, after that I wouldn't have enough room. Luckily I figured out that I had 700+ megs of replay files in my TW PGA Tour 04 folder. (They save automatically.) Cleaned those out and now I'm good to go.

Alrighty... played through MOUT... again. ;) Game needs a healthy dose of anti-aliasing, better textures for buildings, an improvement in bushes and trees and it'll be good to go.

Edited by Crimson

Better late then never with the system requirments...

Please note that Full Spectrum Warrior does not support Microsoft® Windows®

95/NT.

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows 98/Me/2000/XP (only)

AMD Athlon XP 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz;

256 MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c-compatible graphics card from NVIDIA or ATI:

GeForce 3 and higher or ATI Radeon 8500 and higher.

DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)

24X CD-ROM

1.77 GB Free Hard Drive Space

MS Compatible mouse

Keyboard

NOTE: Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers

Recommended System Requirements:

Windows XP

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and above OR Pentium 4 2GHz and above

512 MB RAM or greater

GeForce 4 Ti and higher, OR ATI Radeon 9500 and higher.

DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card (SoundBlaster Audigy preferred).

Supported Video Cards:

Nvidia ATI

Geforce4 Ti 4200 series RADEON X800

Geforce4 Ti 4400 series RADEON X600

Geforce4 Ti 4600 series RADEON X300

Geforce4 Ti 4800 series RADEON 9800

Geforce4 MX Chipsets RADEON 9800 XT

GeForce3 Series RADEON 9800 Pro

GeForce3 Ti 200 Series RADEON 9600

Geforce3 Ti 500 Series RADEON 9600 XT

RADEON 9600 Pro

Geforce FX 5200 Series RADEON 9200

Geforce FX 5600 Series RADEON 9200 SE

Geforce FX 5700 Series RADEON 9250

Geforce FX 5900 Series RADEON 9700

Geforce FX 5950 Series RADEON 9700 Pro

All-in-wonder 9700

GeForce 6800 Series All-in-wonder 9700 Pro

Had to get this from the Read Me.

Anyone else notice lately that alot of PC games system requirments aren't being shown until the release date gets closer?

Hmm, interesting so far. Anyone else getting a horizontal band with smoke in it across the width of their screen though?

AI seems to be not the brightest and don't seem to shoot very well. Even after they've spotted tangoes and are well within range, they sometimes just stand their without engaging. When they do engage, they don't seem to shoot very well. They unload clip after clip without taking out a guy standing there with no cover.

At first I thought it was a bug in the demo. After spending more time with the game, I now suspect that it's just a fact of FSW life. From what I've seen so far, the AI can't take out a tango who is partially protected by objects such as cars, trash bins and the like. The game forces you to use tactics by drawing fire from a single tango with one team while the other team flanks or gets completely behind the tango. Only when the second team has a completely clear shot will they actually be able to take the guy out.

I appreciate the fact that the game rewards you for using sound tactics, but it seems kind of stupid that the first team can't take out a single guy whose entire upper torso is exposed. Also, when the second team actually does flank or six the tango, you have to make sure that you position them right to get them to engage otherwise, they'll just stand there looking stupid while he takes them all out.

My impressions:

I like the controls. Simple and effective. I like the 'tactical' gameplay. I like (from what I've seen) the firefights. Lots of fun, with cover being degraded over time, and lots of lead in the air.

I don't like the... "feel" of the levels. FSW feels very much like DFBHD to me. While DFBHD was a fun game, it was also a very linear game, with little replay value. I can't help but think that FSW may be the same type of game, where you navigate through what is effectively a small map, with various buildings thrown in here and there, like you're moving about a maze. Overall, it seems to be a fun game, but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. FSW really doesn't offer a whole lot that I don't already get in VBS1, and at least in VBS1, I can decide whether or not I do any shooting.

your lucky, in the File-Planet D/L the readme file is Spanish :blink::P

Anyone else getting a horizontal band with smoke in it across the width of their screen though?
Whenever I zoom in, I get a horizontal shimmering band (like heat-haze) across the terrain.

AI seems to be not the brightest and don't seem to shoot very well. Even after they've spotted tangoes and are well within range, they sometimes just stand their without engaging. When they do engage, they don't seem to shoot very well. They unload clip after clip without taking out a guy standing there with no cover. Demo bug?
Yeah, occasionally my guys will blaze away on full auto and completely ignore the cease fire commands, which is not good when trying to creep up on the enemy APC in the training mission.

I like the controls. Simple and effective. I like the 'tactical' gameplay. I like (from what I've seen) the firefights. Lots of fun, with cover being degraded over time, and lots of lead in the air.
:yes::thumbsup:

it was also a very linear game, with little replay value. I can't help but think that FSW may be the same type of game, where you navigate through what is effectively a small map, with various buildings thrown in here and there, like you're moving about a maze.
Yeah, on the " rescue Charlie squad" mission it definitely feels like your herded down a specific route in the "maze"

hopefully the retail version wont be so restrictive or have the cheap route blocks to force you a certain way (EG indestructible (or unclimbable) wooden plank fence).

I also hope that they get the installer fixed for the retail version. I spent over an hour last night moving things around and changing settings, just to make enough room on my C drive to get the game to install. I don't want to be bothered with that if I'm paying $50 for the game.

:(

No controls work for me when I'm in the game. I can press any button but nothing happens. Even in the training when it tells me to press the middle mouse button it just never does anything and my team just stands there.

I can't even exit without using Alt+F4. :(

It does let me look around with the mouse though...

Any ideas?

Edited by Recon

No controls work for me when I'm in the game. I can press any button but nothing happens. Even in the training when it tells me to press the middle mouse button it just never does anything and my team just stands there.

Me too, but TAB does the same function, try that.

How does this game run on a mid-range system? Does it lag really bad like MOH:PA or does it run rather smoothly like Rome?

I'm not sure what your idea of a mid-range system is, but the game runs very smoothly for me, playing on an Athlon XP1800+ with GF4Ti4200. The only real problem I've found is that my SBLive! card isn't supported, so I can't use EAX. :(

Better late then never with the system requirments...

Anyone else notice lately that alot of PC games system requirments aren't being shown until the release date gets closer?

I've been thinking the same thing lately. System requirements are becoming a rare item on the official game web sites, even after release.

The only real problem I've found is that my SBLive! card isn't supported, so I can't use EAX.  :(

I too found I couldn't enable EAX from the demo and I have an Audigy 2 ZS! Perhaps EAX support is not included with the demo. :unsure:

Me too, but TAB does the same function, try that.

Yeh, I tried TAB as well. Nothing works. :(

I just finished playing the demo mission again. FSW is definitely alot of fun. In an odd way, the combat very much reminds me of the movie Full Metal Jacket, when the Americans are clearing the various urban areas. Combat is close up, personal, and furious. Melikes. :)

EDIT -

I think my biggest gripe about FSW, aside from the installation problems, is the excessive foul language. I understand that some language will make its way into the game, and I can live with that. I do not find F-this, F-that, G-D, or SOB entertaining in the least, however. That fact alone may remove FSW from my purchase list.

Edited by Parabellum