Operation : Dark Star

blakarion.

Did anyone else notice the Planets coming into alignment ? :blink:

The seas have all dried up ? :o

The Plague of Locusts that appeared to blot out the sun ? :huh:

Can the blind see, the lame walk ? :unsure:

..... in that case, it must be because I have FINALLY finished doing this damn Mod (excuse my French :rofl: )

The mod is been uploaded tommorow to my webspace, and then sent onto Rocky for the Supporters to get first "bite". Then it will be released to the members over the weekend

I was looking at doing a .avi intro & outro for it, but realised it was gonna double the Mod size for 2 minutes of Cinematic - na, nuts to that. The Mod comes in at approx 38 Meg when packaged (approx 145 Meg when unpacked)

Ive also added some MP Team stuff, and made sure we can play the Campaign co-op multiplay without the damn Helicopters crashing the clients LOL

Anyway, will start a new "Your Mods got problems...." thread for OpDS, and also the NEXT BlakOps Mod's threads (yes, two of them) :devil:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporters first
I think thats kinda unfair considering we are all supporters of Ghostrecon.net in many other ways than just money. I know money talks but I just dont think its right that people like myself who cant put forth money to the site even though we'd like to have to wait for downloads while people who are lucky enough to have enough money to donate to the site dont have to wait.

Supporters first
I think thats kinda unfair considering we are all supporters of Ghostrecon.net in many other ways than just money. I know money talks but I just dont think its right that people like myself who cant put forth money to the site even though we'd like to have to wait for downloads while people who are lucky enough to have enough money to donate to the site dont have to wait.

Without supporter donations there would be no GR.net. I'm sorry if you think it's unfair that the people who actually go out of their way to help keep this site online get the occasional perk.

Im sorry u think releasing to the Supporters seems unfair, however this site isnt free to run and for those who do support it with money do get a few (VERY few) little perks - Op:Dark Star been given to them a week early is one. ;)

This Mod however, was ALWAYS gonna be released after a small gap, which is why TODAY was gonna be the release date to the Members - hence Rocky saying it was good to get NOW. He will be putting it up onto the FilePlanet Servers today (15 December) and I will be removing it from the current position (so MY ISP/Webspace server dont kick me off !) :thumbsup:

I hope u all enjoy this Mod (as the Supporters havent found any more bugs - so I can hapily release to everyone else :devil: ) and I will be starting a feedback thread for it as well :D

Supporters first

Without supporter donations there would be no GR.net. I'm sorry if you think it's unfair that the people who actually go out of their way to help keep this site online get the occasional perk.

I know and I stated that and I agree with you 100% but I myself would love to give ghostrecon.net some donations but I have a job that doesnt pay to well and on top of that I'm in a state thats been ranked one of the poorest in the US so if you look at it from my point of view you can see where I'm coming from.

Supporters first

I know and I stated that and I agree with you 100% but I myself would love to give ghostrecon.net some donations but I have a job that doesnt pay to well and on top of that I'm in a state thats been ranked one of the poorest in the US so if you look at it from my point of view you can see where I'm coming from.

Then only send two dollars... Anything helps 'em.

Anyway, I didn't play the first two mods, but I downloaded DS and it seems great. I've only played the first mission, and it was excellent. My only complaint is that the custom rets could use some more smoothing.

i see its packaged in a zip but is an .exe

incompatable for mac users.

whats the point of zipping it if its .exe?

We'll find a way to convert it........

*rant*

But just so you know us mac users have to do this everytime you PC folks package your mods in an exe.

In general, i always wondered why mods need to be in an installer... just put the darn mod in your mod folder, duh.

*end rant*

@Vir2L : Im sorry your dissapointed at the constant useage of Auto-Installers, however - I did send u a PM weeks ago to ask how u would like Operation:Dark Star packaged etc for ease of use for our Mac friends. As I did not recieve a reply, and been squeezed by real life time constraints and problems, I did it the "quick-and-easy-way", that I do automaticlly now. ;)

I'm more than happy to package as a Mac version m8, if u would let me know the specifics of how your community would like it. I could then set up a Mac Only d/load (through Rocky :thumbsup: ) link and keep everyone happy. :yes:

:D Love this Mod, Mission Packs are always Welcome ! The new Tanks, French AMX etc. are great. But some Missions CTD:

Loading map f:\ghost recon\mods\origmiss\map\m08_battlefield\m08_battlefield.map

SimGun: Gun node MG 1 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node MG 2 has no camera offset helper point.

SimGun: Gun node GL has no camera offset helper point.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file sandbagsd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file sandbags2d0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file sandbagsld0.anm

SOUND: Uninitialized:

"

Need the Sandbags Animations :blink: ?

No : the Sandbags dont need animating, but Im willing to bet it happend when u reloaded a saved game ? If it was, u should read the READ ME FILE in the OpDS folder. :thumbsup:

Basically a few of the missions (3 I believe) have a problem when u Reload from a saved game. I believe its due to he high Poly count (but Im not completly sure about that) and I coudnt find away to stop it. It does mean however, some mission (and Im specifically avoiding saying which ones :devil: ) towards the end u need to do with a minimual of saving ! (Its usually from the middle of the mission onwards, when all the OpFor are in the game so safe for a while from the CTD bug).

As I said, please read the READ ME FILE its explained in there :thumbsup: