Operation : Dark Star

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sixpence & pH : Deleting the Sandbags allowed u to Load/Save happily throughout the mission, where before u couldnt ???? I will have to investigate myself :ph34r: - still dont see how a missing .anm file can cause the error of not been able to QuickLoad ?? :huh: ??? Maybe its the wonders of the GR Engine striking again !! :rofl:

If a simple removal of the models can fix it then I will do a Patch for the Mod to replace/remove the sandbags :thumbsup:

Sorry for coming off like a jerk blakarion, but please understand my frustration on that matter, its an uphill battle constantly. The mac freindly version of packaging the mods is posted in a sticky at the top of this General Mod Topics forum. To Modders on Packaging Mods

Other than that.....

I've got the mod converted for Mac but am waiting on your call on fixing the sandbag animations.

I too saw my ike.log full of the same errors and i was only testing them in MP COOP mode. Tho, All the missions start-up on my end..... but i'll wait to see if you patch it before i release an old version.

OMG--I finally downloaded this mod and it is AWESOME. I have only played the first few missions and they are great! You are clearly one of the best modders in this community. Excellent job on all the vehicles. :thumbsup: As for the sandbag problem, I have none, so far the missions all work beautifully for me. Great job.

BrandonKappel ;)

No, if u have got to Miss 8 then there should be no problem wih the models etc - and as far as I Know (correct me people if this is wrong) no-one else has reported this problem either. :unsure:

Do u have a low-powered PC perhaps ? (Im thinking it may have to do with your PC not been upto the renedering - but if u can play the rest of the Mod, then it should be no problem !!!!!!!!! )

Please, could u PM me the Ike.log after it crashes, maybe I can get a clue from that LOL :santa:

I hope this hasnt spoiled you enjoying the Mod so far m8, but I know it would annoy me, if it happened :o=

I'm not getting any CTD's, i have been beta testing it with a few buddies on the Macintosh without any real issues, though when i open my ike.log i get errors similar to this one here...

Loading map \mods\origmiss\map\m13_airbase\m13_airbase.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file .rsb

Cannot read .rsb

SimGun: Gun node Weapon 654 has no camera offset helper point.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file strobeflash01.rsb

Cannot read strobeflash01.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file strobeflash02.rsb

Cannot read strobeflash02.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file strobeflash03.rsb

Cannot read strobeflash03.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file drumsd0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file sandbags2d0.anm

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file .rsb

Cannot read .rsb

like i said its not a real problem becasue the missions work fine besides that, and they are kick ass might i mention, just wondering if you knew these errors were happening.

other than that the coonversion to mac wasnt to difficult, i had to fix a few long file names and convert the wav files to aiff, but other than that......

....... Seems to be working so far.

Edited by Vir2L

@Vir2L: Glad to here your enjoying the Mod :thumbsup: , and while yes the Missions all work fine (except for the minor problem for a few mentioned earlier - which IMO doesnt effect the game :whistle: ) these are some erors that the Ike.log throws up (however, agagin I stress they SHOULD NOT effect your enjoyment of the Mod)

"SimGun: Gun node Weapon 654 has no camera offset helper point"

"RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file drumsd0.anm"

"RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file sandbags2d0.anm"

These are all to do with the new Models I did for the Mod, which make no impact on there usage in the Mission.

BTW the .anm is the file for the Death Animation, as the Static models I did are tagged as Vehicles the Engine wants an .anm for them as well - which Im currently working on so that the Sandbags will fall over when 'killed' by a Grenade or AT etc etc. However not having the .anm in there doesnt effect anything.

"RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file .rsb"

Cannot read .rsb"

That one I wasnt getting during the testing of OpDS - I suggest its due to the conversion, when u where shortening file names. I dont really know to be honest, but u say nothing has been spoilt in the Mod so can also be disregarded :D

"RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file strobeflash01.rsb

Cannot read strobeflash01.rsb" etc

There is no strobe stuff in GR, I believe they where removed before release/where been woked on when the game was decided to be released. Its a error u always get on this Map ;)

@Resq11 : Had a look and apart from those explained above, I couldnt see what the problem was - however I dont know that Soundcard your using, but Im assuming its fully compatiable with GR ??? I only mention it becasue u say it CTD's when the Intro cinematic comes up - which inc a music section over the top of it :wacko:

@Resq11 : Had a look and apart from those explained above, I couldnt see what the problem was - however I dont know that Soundcard your using, but Im assuming its fully compatiable with GR ??? I only mention it becasue u say it CTD's when the Intro cinematic comes up - which inc a music section over the top of it :wacko:

Im stumped - nothing to stop u using 2 of the troops that I know of m8, gues if u can play with 1 then go ahead (it can be done with 1 anyway, just a little harder m8 :thumbsup: )

To everyone who has enjoyed GR this year (and to all who know me through this forum) : MERRY XMAS :santa:

Im stumped - nothing to stop u using 2 of the troops that I know of m8, gues if u can play with 1 then go ahead (it can be done with 1 anyway, just a little harder m8  :thumbsup: )

To everyone who has enjoyed GR this year (and to all who know me through this forum) : MERRY XMAS  :santa:

Thank you for your help and may you have a good Christmas and a happy and safe new year.

;) Resq 11

hey blakarion,

DS was a total gas mate! i was all proud of myself getting into the CP getting ready to capture you know who (dont want to ruin it completely for everyone) when he did what he does. :( all of that sneakin around fer nothin' but that's war for ya.

great twists throughout mate! definitely one of those mods a la Jack 57 that keeps you on your toes!

the only downside is that the last mission has me hungry for more, and if memory serves me well (and it doesnt- too many concussions) this series will be continued with GR2, no?

again congrats on a superb job, and for those who havent DL this...what are ya waiting for?!!!!! :D

@Resq11 : "unable to save during the game. I get a successful quick save, and I am able to save the game thru the esc key and menu. However when I go the start the saved game I crash to the desktop." - this was warned about in the README file that cam ewith the Mod - and earlier on this thread - if u managed to get to Mis14 without encountering this before u did well m8 :rofl:

Hope u enjoyed it so far AND enjoy the no-save end to that mission :devil:

@richmondskin : thanx m8 for the fedback - and Im really happy u really enjoyed. Im happy u think its in the same vein as Jack's miss - thats a real compliment :thumbsup:

As for the future : a Add-On for OpDS called Operation:Thunderbolt (inc a new 10 miss Campaign) is coming soon(ish), as are two Vehicle Packs for people to use in there mods. As far as continuing the BlakOps plotline past OpTB : well at the mo all I can say is its already on the drawing board, and Ive already enlisted some of the Community to do new stuff (weapons, Maps etc :ph34r: ) with me for it. I will start a thread soon about it :whistle:

@ 4ceReconSniper :

"great mod" - thanx m8 ;)

"details of the mod?" - see the start of this thread :thumbsup:

"who are going to use the m8's?" - 3 off the Heroes use M8's, in both carbine and silenced carbine (thanx to Snowfella again for these great models) :o=

As for the future : a Add-On for OpDS called Operation:Thunderbolt (inc a new 10 miss Campaign) is coming soon(ish), as are two Vehicle Packs for people to use in there mods. As far as continuing the BlakOps plotline past OpTB : well at the mo all I can say is its already on the drawing board, and Ive already enlisted some of the Community to do new stuff (weapons, Maps etc :ph34r: ) with me for it. I will start a thread soon about it :whistle:

• 1 month later...

Blakarion, We are having a problem with Mission 14 - Dragon's Liar. There was two of us playing in MP and there was no guy that carried the EMU's. We picked a sniper and rifleman with sensor's and went in, it just quickly showed a couple of screens and then said "What are you going to do with no EMU's" or something along that line. Any ideas on this or does it fall under one of the weird things that happen at time like the Readme states?

Thanks,

Dean