i can make camos!

Hey guys, ive been messin around in PS a lil and come up with pretty decent camo making routine, decent digital effect when i need to. i cant copy real camos, but if anyones interested in a different camo for their clan/mod or w/e, i think i can make a few custom orders. I use my own design, but u can ask for specific color types. I havent found a good helmet template though, so if anyone has one, could u point me in the right direction?

You can find god helmet templates on some DS tango skins....you need only to desaturate it and set the camo layer on "overlay"....works for me everytime.

My wrinkles are not white like in Ruin´s great tutorial. Mine are darker (grey) so i can't use multiply. Overlay works way better.

I hope it helps..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Sgt.Crocodile

like in Ruin´s great tutorial.

Awww.... good to see someone still remembers this old modding geezer. :D

######, not a bad start at all man. I can see some of the filters you used to get that effect. One isn't bad, but there are easier and better ways. The best way I know of... find a camo on google or something and use it, just a flat "no-wrinkle" pattern (There's plenty of them on the net). That's the best way to do digi patterns. Regular camo can be done with the VDL Adrenelaine Plug-in.

Also, don't be afraid to hit up stock GR, DS and IT skins for wrinkle effects. One thing that's very fun to do (and makes a cool effect) is to take a regular uniform (with camo, not a plain colored one); greyscale it and use it as a wrinkle layer over an actual camo (or even one or two colors). It makes a neat effect if you're aiming for creativity instead of realism.

Just don't be afraid to experiment. Which I can see you're not, so kudos. :D

You can find god helmet templates on some DS tango skins....you need only to desaturate it and set the camo layer on "overlay"....works for me everytime.

My wrinkles are not white like in Ruin´s great tutorial. Mine are darker (grey) so i can't use multiply. Overlay works way better.

I hope it helps..... :thumbsup:

show us some samples please., we need samples so we can learn.

thnx.

This might be a long post so please forgive me :) I will also try to post picture examples. I'll try to keep them small though.

Here is a very simple and easy filter you can use in Photoshop and most likely Paint shop Pro to make camo. However, I am using Photoshop so I don't know the filter names with PSP as I've never used it. As Ruin mentioned the VDL camo plugin is very easy. I do recomend it for basic camo.

This may not work well with pure black or dark colors. Make a new document and set the pixels to whatever size you'd like. Pick a color. I used an off green color hex code 414D44 Fill the layer with that color

Now, go to Filter, Artisic, Sponge. Now you should have 3 options. Brush size, Definition, and Smoothness. If you set all of them to the max (all the way to the right) you should get something that looks like this

c2.jpg

There you go. Instant Camo!! It's that easy. Experiment with the settings. Brush size is exactly what it sounds like. It's the size of the brush. Definition makes the image clear or blury. Smoothness will smooth out the brush edges. If you'd like to make a really easy cheap Digital Camo. Simply set the brush size to whatever you like. Max out the Definition and set the smoothness to 1. You'll get an image that looks like this.

c3.jpg

There you go. An quick easy way to make a camo :)

Edited by Indy_BIA

###### and lexsis, thanks guys. :D

@Indy, an excellent process. It looks great. :D

A hint to all... I used to just paint the camo as I wanted it. This way I could control how it laid on the knees etc. I use the same "spray-paint" technique from weapons. I just throw some color down and manipulate it as I want. It's harder, but looks real good if it works.

Another cool thing to add on camo pants (even shirts) is find high-impact points (mainly the knees and elbows) and use the airbrush to put a bit of "dirt" on there. Face it, no soldier is going to come out of battle spic-and-span. It looks real good on the knees and even better on the elbows. ;)