Crashing in Coop Play

Herd

Hey Folks,

I usually host and play coop missions with 3 others. We sometimes "crash" to the desktop when all are playing. 3 of us have high speed internet connections and 1.8GHZ machines and above. Our other playing partner has a slower internet connect speed and is running a PIII, 600MHZ machine.

My question....... is the guy with the slower computer and internet connection responsible for the eventual crash to desktop? We seem to play ok with just the 3 of us who have faster machines.

Thanks!

Herd

ronin, you are a mine of information, i learn something new everytime i come in here...... lmao..... :lol:

Herd, yes it is possible for one person to cause the sorts of problems your having, do you have any mods activated when you play ?...

add me to ur freinds list in ubi im DOW_holman

then u can host a game, and tell another high speed connection guy to play, and we'll see if it CTD cause i have a 56k to. then if it doesnt crash, then its the guys games, or something. ask him if he has the latest drivers

I guess you've tried it without any mods and still get the problem ? , so it has to be something in his setup thats causing the crashes, it will be hard to pin it down to just one thing, does he have any problems when he plays SP ?, have you tried letting him host and see what happens ?, i know it will be slow, but at least you might find out what some of the problem is ?. .... ;)

I had the same problem some time ago, tried to play with a friend of mine. we both on 750k adsl. he was hosting ona p4 2.2ghz and i was on p3 450. the game always crashed when he was hosting and never crashed when i was hosting. that pretty much supports what the other folks said - ubi = server crasher :wacko: