Got a job:D

i got hired today at a driving range a few minutes away from my house. Being the golfer that i am,,,,,,,this is sweet. I can go and golf there free anytime i want. I pretty much just pick up the balls at the end of the day, clean them and but them in the buckets for the next day...once i get older i maybe doing cashier..i'm pulling down $10/hour which is very good for your first job. in the summer i will only be working once a week for about 2 hours, because they have a machine that picks up the balls most of the time. In the winter i will work everyday almost for about 2 hours. in the winter i will probably get 100 a week, which isn't bad for a 15 year old not doing much :thumbsup:

This was the place i first wanted to work when summer started but they were over employed and never fired anyone <_< Then a bunch of people left and two of my friends worked there and one of them just moved and is to far away now.....so me and my friend go here today to shoot some balls, my friend and the owner are there talkin and the owner says ' now that your other friend is gone were down a man' so i jump in and say, 'i'd be glad to help' CHACHING.....he takes my name and number and says your hired! :thumbsup:

My first plan is to buy a new video card, if my parents don't!

I was so happy i just had to post...what a great first job :D

Sweet. When I first started out at my summer job (at my old high school fixing computers and such) I got like $7 an hour. Now it's up to $10. It adds up quick! :) Course there's gas money and taxes and food and insurance.... ugh, you'll have something leftover though. GL with the money and don't forget to save some of it too. :thumbsup:

i got hired today at a driving range a few minutes away from my house. Being the golfer that i am,,,,,,,this is sweet. I can go and golf there free anytime i want. I pretty much just pick up the balls at the end of the day, clean them and but them in the buckets for the next day...once i get older i maybe doing cashier..i'm pulling down $10/hour which is very good for your first job. in the summer i will only be working once a week for about 2 hours, because they have a machine that picks up the balls most of the time. In the winter i will work everyday almost for about 2 hours. in the winter i will probably get 100 a week, which isn't bad for a 15 year old not doing much :thumbsup:

This was the place i first wanted to work when summer started but they were over employed and never fired anyone <_< Then a bunch of people left and two of my friends worked there and one of them just moved and is to far away now.....so me and my friend go here today to shoot some balls, my friend and the owner are there talkin and the owner says ' now that your other friend is gone were down a man' so i jump in and say, 'i'd be glad to help' CHACHING.....he takes my name and number and says your hired! :thumbsup:

My first plan is to buy a new video card, if my parents don't!

I was so happy i just had to post...what a great first job :D

YOU GET PAID 10 BUCKS PER HOUR FOR THAT?!

theres a thing you carry that you picks up the balls for you..its hard to explain and i haven't relaly seen it yet....its not attached to a tractor though, you carry it

:lol: you are all saying golf is for lazy people? if i wasn't lazy i woudn't play video games and woudn't have found GR :rocky:

theres a thing you carry that you picks up the balls for you..its hard to explain and i haven't relaly seen it yet....its not attached to a tractor though, you carry it

:lol: you are all saying golf is for lazy people? if i wasn't lazy i woudn't play video games and woudn't have found GR :rocky:

ah i know the gizmo. Its a rigid bag with a pipe comin out the bottom. Im not sure what kind of mechanism picks up the balls, must be vacuum/pump kinda thing.

It musnt be a big range then, cos the one near me they use a tractor, but its mighty large.

Itll keep ya fit tho, all the walkin. Grab a hat, grab somehead phones, and your off. You could even carry a club with you, and practise chipping em into a big group, make life easy :rolleyes:

I get $20 (AU) an hour (thats us 14-15 depending on what mood the market is in). The problem is that there's only one hour work a week, although i'm trying to branch out to 2 or 3. Its not out of my way, its relatively easy, its cash in hand, and just quietly, i think i'm worth it, because i get good results.

Become a High School maths tutor! :)

$10 an hour for that is disgusting.

You should be flogged.

I agree. You really dont do anything. Hell, you should mow lawns, at least since that is manual labor, maybe you can get $50 a lawn.

Suddenly $8/hour sounds terrible while I'm actually exerting effort. :wall:

Edited by Crimson

Shows golf is for lazy peeps. You just walk, whack the the ball, walk, whack the ball....

But here, it's: whack the ball, drive in the golf cart, whack the ball, drive in the golf cart....

and here it's...

wack the ball, drink a beer, drive cart...

repeat 18

too drunk to drive home. happens all the time with mah brother in law..