Noob to GR

Alright, I just started to get into GR and I actually am playing with a bunch of friends, who on a completely unrelated matter I met playing SC:PT, and we are eventually going to being playing on ubi.com. I just wanted to know if there were any particular mods that are standard for this sort of stuff? I'd rather not try and join a bunch of rooms and not be able to because I gotta wait and find the mod, download it, and install it. Besides from the suggested mods on the sticky above I was also planning on using the Black hawk down mod, DA49, and have HX5 if required but I don't think I'll keep it active, it seems a bit too buggy for my liking. Suggestions for anything else that I would be forgetting that would be important would be greatly appreciated. And one last thing. There were a couple of reccommended skin mods but I couldn't find any of them in the downloads section. Am I just blind or are there no skins on the site? And if there aren't, where would be a good place to find them?

Most servers run Mp1/Mp2 (DS/IT) (Me getting sick saying this :lol: )

WTH is DA49 :lol:

HX5 is a good MP-mod.

Skins ? Did ya look into download page? Else try the skin-forum...

Don't ferget Frostbite.

been drinkin... :)<_<:wacko::D

Sorry I figured DS + IT was a given and I forgot to add frostbite as already have.

Hopefully I won't ###### anyone else off but DA49 is DarkAngel 49 weapons pack. I don't know why I musn't speak of it but so far I actually like the pack.

And I didn't see any actual skins posted in the skins being posted mostly just help making them. Nor did I see those specific ones in the reccommended but I'll keep looking.

Hopefully I won't ###### anyone else off but DA49 is DarkAngel 49 weapons pack. I don't know why I musn't speak of it but so far I actually like the pack.

Its all stolen material - lets just leave it at that. ;)

Try hosting by direct IP, stay away from Ubi.

Ahhhh ok... Thanks for the fill-in. And for now we play just among ourselves via direct ip but we wanted to have a little competition against other people. See how we stack up. But thanks for the advice everyone.

And is connect games with GR very finnicky? I can't host but that isn't complete surprising, I'm behind a NAT router because I'm on a college LAN, but two other guys can't host either one of which is behind a router but he can host on PT so that seems weird and the other guy is directly connected with no firewall.

Edited by ChuckJustChuck