UNDER THE BLOOD SUN

Arggggg! O.K. I've managed to chew my way through the download for the mod, but I've hit another snag! :wall: Anyway, it keeps crashing to desktop when I try to start the first actual mission after the introduction mission. Anyone know what this is from? Did I mess something up with the installation of the english patch? I unzipped the patch and pasted the mission file into it to overwrite the original files for it. Was I supposed to add the file elsewhere in the mod and leave the regular files alone? Anyone have some insight on this for me?

:stupid:

Hey, I'll recheck that all the other mods are still installed on my PC. I'm pretty sure that all WOI mods are reinstalled though. I had a problem with Sabre Teams causing a crash if it wasn't activated period. My GR wouldn't run without it. Got a little frustrating when trying to check out new skin mods. Anyway, I'll recheck! And the English Patch for UTBS is in the actual file. Just go into your mods file and open the file for UTBS and you should see I think three different files for the language patches. I.E. Italian, English, and I can't remember what other's are there. Just extract that into the mod file and it should overwrite the mission files with the same thing in English! Hmmm, now that I think about it, I bet I'm crashing because I have Afrika Corps installed but not activated! I turned off all WOI mods to play Sixpence's SEAL mod! Thanks Giwex. Always good to be shown what I've read and forgotten / overlooked I.E. mods need to be activated as well!

O.K. I'm a twit! I was wrong. I'd forgotten to reinstall my WOI mods after uninstalling and reinstalling my GR files to cure the sabre team priority problem I was having. Sorry guys! :stupid: Silly mod manager was still listing all previously installed mods. Gotta try and figure out how to fix that too! Either way thanks GIWEX for the advice!

Cool, I've reinstalled all my WOI mods and now it's all working like a charm. The mission with the road still gave the objectives in the briefing in German or whichever language it's initially in, but the briefing itself is in English so I'm not really too concerned about it. But I did like the first mission that I ran. Quite nice work Six! :o=

Edited by rioghan--celt

Thanks once again for making the mod, Six! I just finished the campaign and had a blast...since I haven't played the WOI series yet (downloaded just to play UTBS), it was cool that almost every mission had a map that was totally new to me. And of course, the BH Down music in the missions was great, just like in your masterpiece campaign, Restore Justice. It's good to have kick ass modders like you that help keep the game fresh! :thumbsup:

Thanks once again for making the mod, Six! I just finished the campaign and had a blast...since I haven't played the WOI series yet (downloaded just to play UTBS), it was cool that almost every mission had a map that was totally new to me. And of course, the BH Down music in the missions was great, just like in your masterpiece campaign, Restore Justice. It's good to have kick ass modders like you that help keep the game fresh! :thumbsup:

Thx for your nice Words. The Joy is on my Side, if you enjoyed. :D

OMG! Nice job on the oasis map. If you ever wanted to make someone slow down and act sensible, I think you found it in that mission. Jeez! I used a sensor to localise the enemy at one point and still got killed before I could get to em! Damn! Granted, I guess that's an admission that I'm not the greatest soldier in the virtual world if the A.I. handed me my ######, but I'm still impressed with that mission. :devil: I never wanted em easy anyway! Thanks!

O.K. Maybe it's just me since Reverend has finished this campaign, but either way. I'm having trouble ending the oasis mission. I've recovered the other team, and cleared the surrounding area, then held out against the counter attack. Then moved out to the extraction point with almost all of my team. I lost one attacking the oasis itself. But it wouldn't let my guys extract. So I sent a soldier out to patrol the entire map to see if maybe I'd missed someone. Still nothing. I patrolled in an tightening square around the map until I'd run the whole thing in circles and ended up back in the oasis and having found nothing else I moved back to the extraction zone. Still wouldn't let my guys get out. If anyone knows what's wrong please gimme a clue. I'm still drooling over a chance at finding out about the rest of the campaign. :o=

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi there,

I downloaded Under the Blood Sun recently and I am really satisfied with the overall design of the maps and missions. But unfortunately I encountered a bug in Mission 4, where you look for the UN Members at a small airport.

You are supposed to a) reach a lookout point and b) after you open the door to a hangar where the UN guys are held captive, you are ordered to extract them. Now, I walked to the lookout, no message appeared. But some OPFOR did, so I started to attack the airport.

Well, when walking around there, I was informed that those guys collected some old weaponry there (the planes looked like WWII indeed). After I had found the UN guys, I moved them to extraction zone- and nothing happened. The mission goal "reach lookout point" was desribed as incomplete. I ran there several times, with different operatives, but no way - it didn't appear as accomplished. I restarted the mission completely and moved immediately to the lookout point - nothing happened. I play with Sabre Teams 1.3 weapon mod, if that makes any difference.

Hope somebody knows what to do; I am eager to play the rest of the campaign!

tourist

• 3 years later...