The most deppressing forum

Calgar99

Im a frequent visitor to GR.net but rarely ever post but Im posting now because Im sooooooooooooooo sick of folks whinging and moaning. I understand people out there feel their favourite game has beem transformed into a kiddies run and gun game, but can we have one thread with out having read console bashing and how GR2 sucks(Its not even completed yet)

One of the reasons why Im saying this is because I just visted the Splinter cell 3 forum and it was a breath of fresh air. People actually giving credit to the developers for what they have done and how they plan to take the gme forward.

Im not gonna cast judgement on a feckin an xbox cover nor am I gona rant about how how I feel let down by RSE or ubi. Not untill I play the game. Lets face it information has been very sparse since e-3. I'm hoping some one out there agrees with me that theres way too much ###### going on around here :wall:

my 2 cents :D

Don't bypass the swear filter please, thanks!

Edited by Sartillies

I think it's hypocrisy. I'm not exactly sure hypcocriticism is a word.

I agree about stopping the console bashing, though. It's excessive, and grounded in very little fact.

Post approved ????/??/??/?????

Edited by sup

I speak only for myself when I say this:

I think people bash consoles becaue it seems the game developers focus 100% of their talent/resources on console games, they dont give a squat about the PC users out there who have been buying their games for years and years.

as a strict PC users, I have a beef with console users because they have like 1000's of different games to choose from and many of them are great games, yet I cannot figure out why they wont make such games for the PC, considering the fact that a PC is 10 times more capable than any console could ever wish to be.

ask yourself this question., the whole GR/Rainbow 6 thing has it origins with the PC, yet the console already has surpased the PC as far as GR goes? why?

GR2 will be old news by the time 'we' get it, same way halo was bestowed upon console users after years of waiting for it by PC users !!

Yes I agree with this console business. The PC is the mother of them all but no one pays her enough respect!!!!!

I mean, a few weeks ago I played Silent Hill 3 on my pc and it was like I entered a new dimension or something! the game was designed so beautifully I almost forgot I was playing a game!!! It was obviously a port but the graphics looked, literally 10x better than a console!

Why not make such games for PC????

One of the reasons why Im saying this is because I just visted the Splinter cell 3 forum and it was a breath of fresh air. People actually giving credit to the developers for what they have done and how they plan to take the gme forward.

I'll draw the conclusion from that remark that the creators of SplinterCell are doing a better job than RSE then as they are obviously listening to the community rather then the call of their wallets.... :P

I'm not saying GR2 will suck bigtime but you can't deny that their developers have betrayed their own concept, that gained so much credit at the first place.

I'm not even talking about chaging it from one platform to another as it's very understandable with the money involved.

But at least have the courtesy to call it something else then.

What RSE and UBI are doing right now, is using the name of a succesfull PC-title and copying the characteristics of a console game (*cough*SOCOM*cough*).

Don't we have enough run 'n gun games already?

Hence people's distaste for RSE's and UBI's decisions.

I have only one question for everyone who's yelling SOCOM!!! until they are blue in the face:

When you played Ghost Recon 2, did it leave you feeling like it was a run `n gun game?

That's a serious question, and I think Calgar99 will appreciate honest answers.

Im a frequent visitor to GR.net but rarely ever post but Im posting now because Im sooooooooooooooo sick of folks whinging and moaning.

Wait, I haven't been around in awhile, but people are STILL complaining about this game? I stopped paying attention a couple days after E3 when it became apparent that this game was going in a terrible direction.

They have every right to complain, but it won't do much now.

Guess things are the same around here...

how the hell??  :huh:

Precisely.

Nobody here has played GR2, but many have certainly formed opinions that would only be accurate if they had played it.

Saying GR2 is this or that is only logical and reasonable if you have played it. Saying GR2 appears based on the media released so far is reasonable if you have not.

Exactly! The opinions are based on the media and the statements released by UBI and RSE itself.

Just as much as anyone is entitled to praise a game by it's trailer and screenshots, one is equally entitled to criticize because of it.

In case you didn't know, 45% of the sales are made because of screenshots, movies and trailers.

So if UBI is using certain material to promote their sales, one is just as much entitled to judge them on it.

Just as much as anyone is entitled to praise a game by it's trailer and screenshots, one is equally entitled to criticize because of it.

An example of RSE's E3 video from GR1 can be found here. Note the use of GOD mode, and the run and gun methodology.

So far, what we've seen is inconclusive. Decide the fate of the game as you see fit, but, remember... this is a true sequel in terms of E3 footage.

Did you complain about the original game's E3 demo? No? Did you instead try the game before complaining?

Sure, complain before playing it. All that does is discourage people who see the day in, day out gamers of this special game style as in the right. It diminishes the curious.

Look, GR2 may in fact tank. I'm just not determined to force that opinion on others before I actually know how the game plays.

Look, GR2 may in fact tank.  I'm just not determined to force that opinion on others before I actually know how the game plays.

Well said Dannik. I think it is a wise decision to keep an open mind and reserve judgement on the game until after it comes out, instead of jumping to conclusions so early.

I think it's OK to express disappointment at decisions about certain gameplay changes, but it's depressing to see people concluding so prematurely that the whole game is a write-off. :(

I wish people would take a bit more analytical approach like Dannik and Kurtz, and discuss BOTH what they like and dislike about GR2 from what we've seen so far. Remember that Ubi/RSE does visit fan forums, and this type of feedback will be more useful to both the devs and fans than just slagging off a game that hasn't even been released.

Console gaming will never be at the forefront, R6 and GR both started out on PC format............long may that continue.

Controlling GR with a console gamepad just isn't right, its a PC game.........end of story.

Well people are entitled to make their opinions/reservations known as that is the whole point of forums.The "grim mood" that is floating about GR2 on the PC is brought about by the media coverage thats been seen so far.Either they are not promoting it very well on the PC or they are not delivering.

Pc users have every reason to slate consoles(especially if you also own one as i do, and can compare) as that market is driven 110% by money money money.

Obviously UBI/RSE don't see the HUGE market in PC gaming that they see in consoles, but as a PC user i know the scope and potential the PC can offer over any console, and the next generation of gaming possibilities.Which is what we are expecting in GR2.If it can't deliver/wont deliver then they lose and we lose out.

When the demo is released (which will be free) we can all see whether or not our fears/hopes have come to light and only then will i decide whether or not to spend my money.

If no one voices an opinion prior to release,then how can anyone say whether the game delivers or fails to deliver to the market? We are the market after all!!

Well said Taw, I just feel that Ubi have left too long a gap between GR and GR2 and as a consequence alot of GR players ( some recent team members ), have gone to other games/clans and have no interest in what GR2 has to offer.

I hope Ubi don't dissapoint................. <_<