If GR2 does suck, what will we play?

Sup

:thumbsup:  i hate those end-boss-shooters as well.... like a 2-stories high mutant with 4 machineguns attached to his arms....ridiculous  :lol:

Haha, yeah those kind of end-boss things. They also take a huge amount of time to take down. Some even require a puzzle to sort out before they go. I just don't have the patience anymore to fight with a monster for 20 min. I could perfect my tactics on certain GR missions in that time ;)

hmm. i guess i'm a little bit too trigger happy for swat3. although it was a good game....but what i missed: multiplayer. its a shame, that swat never got its multiplayer-part. i think thats what broke the neck of swat3, because rainbow had this feature and was out on the market at the same time. i.e.: imho the rainbow-series is imho the better game compared to swat.

hehe trigger happy with swat isn't a good thing no. And as I said earlier, SWAT 3 does have multiplayer, but they came with it a little too late.

As far as Rainbow Six goes ... there is too much planning which I don't like. I don't mind planning as I go along, but to pre-plan an entire mission without ever set foot in the place wasn't something I enjoyed. I also hate the fact that you cannot save, which at times makes it a very frustrating game if you want all your guys to survive each mission. I mean, if you cannot save during the mission they should give you an AI that can take care of itself. I also never really understood how they can provide mission plans that don't even work. :huh: I might touch Rainbow Six again when I'm more patient, and that's not now :)

As for what other games there are ... right now I'm not so sure anymore.

Edited by MsKitty

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the idea of planning in R6, because obviously it was supposed to bring some extra realism to the game, as planning like that would be what the actual anti-terrorist guys would do. However, I'd have liked it better if the AI didn't follow the plans so blindly. If you give them a waypoint to run into a room, they will run straight into the room without checking for bad guys. SWAT 3's AI had a cool feature that allowed them to check corners and stairwells for the perps. If R6 had that AI system, it would have made the game alot better when putting the plan into practice.

For GR 2 - give the AI in your 3 squads the intelligence of that SWAT AI or what they are proposing for CCFTF, add the ability to give orders to your own squad, like hold while you enter a room, or you order them to enter and clear. That is the AI improvement I think most wanted for GR 2.

Not for sure what I will play if GR2 sucks. I play alot of AA right now and with the upcoming improvements (although months away) it could really blow up and become more popular. I will buy GR2, just out of loyalty I guess, as I did with all R6 titles. I have to admit Im not blown away with what Ive seen so far of GR2, but I feel it will be worth the money. If its modable, the community will make it worth the money :D

As for SWAT 4, don't know much about all the problems you speak off, I haven't realy followed it. I know it has been delayed at least twice now since it was already suppose to come out lol. I really liked SWAT 3 too though. Its one of the games that really made me feel part of a team, more than with Ghost Recon, where often I felt I was babysitting them. And SWAT 3 does have mulltiplayer tho, it was added later. I got my niece and nephew a copy and they seem to love the paintball version  :rofl:

swat 3 had mp? wasn't aware of that. might be worth taking a look at it again...

as for swat 4: i thought that project "died" a couple of month ago... :blink: is it currently being developed or was it cancelled?

i agree with the team-feeling in swat 3. i hope, that BIA will have such a feeling too....

As far as Rainbow Six goes ... there is too much planning which I don't like. I don't mind planning as I go along, but to pre-plan an entire mission without ever set foot in the place wasn't something I enjoyed. I also hate the fact that you cannot save, which at times makes it a very frustrating game if you want all your guys to survive each mission. I mean, if you cannot save during the mission they should give you an AI that can take care of itself. I also never really understood how they can provide mission plans that don't even work.  I might touch Rainbow Six again when I'm more patient, and that's not now

r6/rs was a lot of fun in mp. in sp i didn't do the planning myself either. i wanna go into some action... from time to time i'm playing instant-action missions in rvs. a lot of people complain about almost everything the game offers. i think it's a good game after all.

as for saving in missions: thats imo realistic and i like it. when you're on a mission, you're on a mission. ;) no instant replay and no saving needed. thats a part of the immerse the game offers. when you want to bring youre mates back home, you better kill the tangos before they get you....it's that simple. :lol: btw: in gr i never used the saving-feature either... ;)

If GR2 sucks, I'll be sticking with H&D2.

I'll go play some HL2 aswell (when they finally release it)

"Forget about Freeman, we are pulling out on account of our losses...."

Well, I say, "Forget about GR2, we moving to HL2 cuz GR2 is gay...."

where is the demo for gr 2 at ?,, is there one or do we have to suffer and look at the screenies and wish we could play too.,, If it so (bad ) or not who is making this judgement a (noob) or someone who's been around for awhile and knows what the hell he or she is talking about ,,there are many factors in determining the playability of a pc game?,, can someone explain this a bit? :wall:

If there is no demo ,,who are the ones making the determination the game sucks when the vast majority of people haven't tried it out .. I like Ghost recon and the thought of another ghost reon 2 , would be alright as long as it's not just a mod for the original.

Force matey I think Most people will agree that the think GR2 will still be a good game but what there getting cheesed about is it would have lost alot of what we loved about GR1. ubi have confirmed that there you will have to play one character for the whole campaign with no character scwapping whatso ever & also the limited the 3 fireteams down to one fireteam of 4. etc. Basically because of console hand controller limitations the've Axed a whole tactical dimension. the've also stated that theve made it mor linear as well with bottle necks so they can use lots of cut scenes.

these are the things that have upset the comunity. it seems that 50% of the things that made GR stand out from the crowd have been removed in GR2. so the question is not will GR2 suck but will it stand out from the other 50,000 FPS tactical war shooters out there???

& the answer is we don't know & UBI/RSE are being very stingey with there info, especially about the PC release. :whistle:

Edited by Stig

If the squad command system and layering of orders is sophisticated enough and the AI is wholly improved, there is a lot of tactical potential in the game, maybe even more so than GR. If you could order your squad to hold fire, flank and, on command, suppress, while you flank and attack from a different angle, you have a real tactical game.

2 squads would be better, but, if the AI is good enough, 1 squad will suffice and character swapping will be redundant, The main reason you have to swap characters is because the AI is incapable of independent action. Y ou will lose the variety of handling different weapons in a mission, but, I would rather have a competent, AI squad that I can depend on.

The PC game could still have more content than expected.

I still intend to play GR 2, as well as BIA and CC FTF.

First off I don't think you guys should decide you won't buy the game right now. It sure looks like it's going to be a console friendly socom type game but it might have some redeeming values.

Eh.

Who's up for some old school Rogue Spear?

I say we make our own version of GR2.