Possible new mascot

Zantar45

Ah yes

Local6.com

Click link, theres video and pictures.

Mystery Creature Lurks In Central Maryland

POSTED: 5:19 am EDT July 19, 2004

UPDATED: 10:42 am EDT July 19, 2004

GLYNDON, Md. -- A mystery animal is on the loose in Baltimore County and not even the experts can pin down what it is.

A Glyndon man found a way to secretly record the beast while it grazed in his yard. For a while it was just lurking in the woods watching the Wroe family until the Wroes started watching it.

Jay Wroe: "My truck was parked here, started getting in my truck. I kind of saw it there where the sunlight is and said what in the world is that?"

Jacob Wroe: "It looked so weird to me. I didn't know what it was."

Wanting to get a better look at the beast stalking his family, Jay Wroe put technology to work for him.

Jay Wroe: "The next day, I hooked up just portable motion detectors, and put them down back in the woods there."

The trap worked.

Jay Wroe: "Very bizarre. I went and got my father and cousin and they came and looked at it and their reactions were pretty much the same -- what in the world are we looking at?"

More than a month after the first sighting, the creature has become a neighborhood regular and showing up often.

Kim Carlsen: "It comes to our house. It's been up in the woods for a while and it comes up through the bottom of our yard and eats our cat food."

Despite the fact it's lurking in these woods and no one knows when or where it will come out, no one here seems afraid of it.

Jacob Wroe: "I don't know, it doesn't look like it's going to harm anybody."

Even the other neighborhood animals like Bullwinkle the dog next door seem okay with the beast.

Kim Carlsen: "It's not afraid of the cats and the cats seem to get along with it fine."

The beast is not shy, and visits most often under bright sun. While no one here knows what it is, they do have a name for it -- the hyote, a combination of a hyena and a coyote.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed, Cuz \/\/3 R L337 |v|3d|)I4.

Looks kinda like a shaved Hyena to me. Dont know about the long tail though.

Wouldn't be suprised if it turned out to be a large mutant rat from Mexico* or something. :lol:

*(urban myth ;) )

Don't know if it's just me old eyes or something but that looks strangely familiar! And if my eyes indeed are correct then it would be a scabies riddled fox, they generally scratch all the hair on the rear of the body off.

Example of one.

skabbrav.jpg